Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a new challenge
Im not a good programmer, so if someone could help me out with my programming, that would be the ultimate challenge...I know what your thinking...Read a tutorial, but I don't pick up information easily that way. I need it in a way that i understand.

As a qbasic challenge, create an effective, 3d weapon engine.

Needs:
Rotatable by keyboard
no flicker - deducts from effectiveness
effective colour
shading
In qbasic (duh!)

Script can be as long as you want, but the more chinese it is to me, the harder it will be to analyze

Challenge no. 2
Create a qbasic translator (ex English to Dutch)

Some hints:
INSTR(text$ + kbrd$), " ")
for letter 1 to wordsize
MID$((text$ + kbrd$), 1, wordsize) = translation$

I've done some of this, and it works pretty good, but it is a little slow, but for that fact, my computer is slow.

Good luck

:lol: Alex :lol:
... i dont think that's a great challenge. or at least asking someone to do what would take weeks to months of work. if you cant do it, or you arent willing to accept people's help learning it, then you should make gradually more complex projects till your ready. test your abilities to what you can and can learn to do.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I have to agree with Toonski about that, with the exception of the "I dont think that's a great challenge" part, unless you were talking about the "challenge" to learn from other people's source code, in which case I have to agree again.

3D weapon engine... *duh* ...a raytracer should I suppose? :-?

And about the translator thingo, if the requirement it's just some sort of dictionary, then that's easy as hell (it's just a relational database), but if you're talking about a real translator, that's a incredibly difficult thing to do. Seriously.

As a matter of fact, even the most advanced software translation package isn't capable of translating a simple paragraph from english to spanish or viceversa with a 100% of accuracy. Remember than the program also should be capable of recognize the context where the word was used, grammatical structures and a lot of things. So... to make a good one is a great challenge.
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Check out the babelfish forum here to see how hard this project would be.

Here is another idea - I can prove that the RND function is not really random. We all already know this (and if not I'll explain) but can you prove it by somehow tallying the results of many RND results (using RANDOMIZE TIMER)?

Here's a clue: think visually[/url]
CLS
FOR i = 1 TO 10: GOSUB RND1: NEXT i
PRINT "------"
Seed# = y#(1)
FOR i = 1 TO 10: GOSUB RND2: NEXT i
SYSTEM

RND1: ' ***** ***** This is the number produced by RND
y#(i) = RND * 16777216
PRINT y#(i)
RETURN

RND2: ' ***** ***** This is the number produced by zombie
PRINT Seed#
Temp# = (16598013# * Seed# + 12820163)
Seed# = Temp# - INT(Temp# / 16777216) * 16777216
RETURN
very F***ing song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof

MasterMinds Software
Big Grin The 3d weapon was wrong.......I was talking to someone on msn, but I wasn't really paying attention to the screen, just typing.

The real thing i wanted was a 3d face.
`->using simple features, building a skeleton of a face, and overlaying the textures..

-Keep it simple(features)

:normal: Al :normal:
BinaryShock: You didn't use RANDOMIZE TIMER, did you? Of course it will always be the same output (unless you didn't post all your prog).

Clue 2: I used SCREEN 13.....
Quote:Big Grin The 3d weapon was wrong.......I was talking to someone on msn, but I wasn't really paying attention to the screen, just typing.

The real thing i wanted was a 3d face.
`->using simple features, building a skeleton of a face, and overlaying the textures..

-Keep it simple(features)

:normal: Al :normal:

Easy, just draw it on a modeller and load it to QB.
Render it any way you want.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
MilkShape e.g.
The only thing you gotta know then is the file format
Oracle: even with randomize timer, it still isn't random, all it does it sets a seed for 'random' numbers equal to how many seconds has elapsed since midnight. nothing more nothing less
very F***ing song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof

MasterMinds Software