Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wooooooooooooooooooo...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

[Image: Image2.png]

It's ported! LOOK AT IT! YEAH!

This is the most exciting thing I've seen in a LOOOONG time.
Heh, congrats, it looks great.

I guess you had to recode 50% of it, eh? ;)
Hey nice work, that's pretty cool eh.
Hey, coolness! Good work!

Link?
Jumping Jahoolipers!
CGI Alan Joe: I'm contacting my lawers, don't mess with my horse goshdamnit!
I know this is against forum rules but:

:rotfl:
Cool. Now how about some 2x graphics so we can see them? Wink
The final version will be fullscreen, just like qfak. Tongue

The nicest thing is I can do my lightmapping for free now. ^ ^

No link yet, because I'm still cleaning it up.
Quote:Heh, congrats, it looks great.

I guess you had to recode 50% of it, eh? Wink

My graphics and input functions are extremely well encapsulated. In the end, I only had to change a few kilobytes of code, a few hundred lines at most. I spent WAY more time taking out %s and hunting down minor bugs.

Really, unless you're a bad coder, all your input should point to a single input function anyway, right? Any half-assed tutorial tells you to define your keycodes somewhere outside of your individual functions? Also, you probably have it set up to draw everything in one sub, objects in another, text in a third. Since I was using a multikey routine anyway, input was done in a suprisingly short amount of time, with taking out the joystick routines taking the longest.

In the end, the hardest part (other than finding the bug where the palette was destroying itself because it wasn't originally *THE* palette, but an approximation designed to be able to record values outside of 0-255 for palette scrolling), was parting with my super optimized renderer to go with something that looks like it came out of the screen 13 era. Tongue
SJ, if you'd like, I can do a quick port of my joystick library for Windows so you can put joystick support back into QFAK. I still can't complete the Harmony port though. Sad
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.