Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FB Keywords = QB Keywords?
I just found the FreeBASIC compiler and this forum (which seems to be the best place to ask questions and recieve answers).

I need to know if the keywords.txt list for FB as implemented are trying to duplicate as close as possible the matching QB keywords.
Should I assume that the documented instructions for QB can be used as reference material for FB?

Also, other than the examples and forum postings, is there any documentation for FreeBASIC?

So far, I have to say that FB is very impressive. For what appears to be a very short development time, quite a bit has been accomplished.

I also have one suggestion for an $APPTYPE or equivalent keyword added that could adjust the subsystem (-s) compiler option. This comes in handy for some of the other basic variants that I've tested. It gives the author of the source code better control of the final output, and it also makes it easier to compile with some third party code editors when jumping back and forth between GUI and CONSOLE mode applications.
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
hello, and welcome!

Although FB is 100%qb syntax compotable, it sin't 100% language compotable. However filehandling, console output should be the same. However since FB is 32but win32 it'be impossible to aim complete 100% with qb.

The documentation is a wip.
url]http://fbide.sourceforge.net/[/url]
I have been searching (Google) for other info on FB and found a couple of relevant sites, so I have a little better idea on the background and future of FB.

At one point I had a reference site for Rapid-Q and abandoned it once it went into limbo. So, if no one objects to too many stupid questions as I get aquainted with FB, I would be glad to lend a hand on fleshing out some simple reference materials, tutorials, and examples once I'm more familiar with the system.

* I already have a partial port of the old "Orb of Zot" gwbasic game that compiles fine in FB, but has logic errors in the combat routines, so it shouldn't take too long. *
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
steven_basic, at the moment i am currently plotting along at writing documentation, but most of the commands are the same tho alot have small differences, at the moment you will just have to live with that.