Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now, the *latest* breaking developments on Boss #1 of FJ.
Dearest all of the QB45/QB71/FB community,

I wanna welcome you all here as I now give you my first and very latest look at the first boss that I am planning to develop on the gameplay screens of Frantic Journey (FJ), the ongoing QB shooting game project! Big Grin !

Here is the very latest progress that I have now on Boss #1: Monarchoid Bee.

[Image: fjboss16na.gif]

As you can see, the creature now has a tail and an electrified stinger at the end with which to try to sting its enemies right out of existence! ( :o ) This means, you will have the potential of fighting a more formidable foe already in that first boss when this FJ experience version (or better!) gets released, I promise!! Wink

And now, here is a look at some other bosses that I already got up and created from a couple of years back (just to refresh your memory here):

[Image: fjboss30ix.gif]
Ceruvious — Boss of the Crystal Stages

[Image: fjboss41bu.gif]
Gariousu MK-I — Boss of the Hyperspeed Passageway Stages

Bear in mind now that they are all-original sprite-like objects, not ripped at all. Just so you know. ;*)

Please enjoy them all as the development of FJ continues RIGHT ON!!! :king:=b !!

Talk to you later with your comments.

PROMISING YOU SOMETHING TRULY AWESOME LIKE NEVER BEFORE,

[Image: AAPname.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Looks good, mate ^^
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
yeah well done looks really great, keep up the good work
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
I like the last two, but the first one, while it's drawn nicely.... just looks like a wad of... "stuff".

Nice job though. Smile
AAP: Port the game to FreeBASIC. No more worries about the DS4QB2 hacks, no compatibility problems, and you can get rid of the 320x200 limitation. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
nah fb is not the solution to everything, finish it in qb then think about a port
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
You're right, it's not the solution to everything...VB has it beat for GUI applications for about another month or so. After that, FB will be the solution for everything. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:nah fb is not the solution to everything, finish it in qb then think about a port

In that case...

I'M LIVING A LIE!!!

erhem... yeah....
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
To everybody that replied so far:

Thank you all, everybody. I appreciate your comments about my work here *very* much from at least a lot of you! ;*)

And additionally, to MarzecTM and Adosorken:

Quote:nah fb is not the solution to everything, finish it in qb then think about a port
Quote:You're right, it's not the solution to everything...VB has it beat for GUI applications for about another month or so. After that, FB will be the solution for everything. Big Grin

You know what I think: you both are pretty much on the right track of sorts. Smile ! Even though I have tried (and even experimented with!) FreeBasic myself apparently within the last couple of weeks or so, the game project of Frantic Journey (FJ) will still and even hopefully be finished in QB, since it *originally* got started in QB since around 2001. I am not thinking about making a port of it using FB as of yet (since I am no expert at FB as of yet myself! Sad ), BUT, there were some great ideas about going for a potential FJ sequel that hasn’t even gotten into my boards as of yet (you can find some ideas of it in my other thread here).

In the meantime right now on the continuing project, MarzecTM and Adosorken, I am gonna concentrate on what I am doing on FJ using good ‘ol QuickBASIC (and I plan on doing two sound based versions: one, with DS4QB2; the other, just an FM-synthesis SFX based version without DS4QB2 at all), and we will just see how far we get with that. Once that all is done, then hey, I may have some clear breathing room to potentally think about a FB port or FB-based sequel of FJ for MS Windows. Like I said, I best need to concentrate on what I am doing indeed. Wink

I wanna thank all of you again for your replies, and talk to you all later. Cool

[Image: AAPname.gif]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
so is FJ gonna have some wicked awesome techno music? That'd be sweet....
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~