Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Television antenna reception
Well, my family doesn't watch a lot of TV, but I did just get a 21" in my room with a VCR.
Anyway, I found that sticking a long wire into the cableTV input plug of the TV granted my reception for VHF channels - in my town, CBC and CTV, 05 and 09.
But since I didn't have any cable properly touching the outer threads of the input plug, I didn't get the higher, UHF channels: TVO(19), Some French channel(25), Global(41), Omni1(47) and CityTV(57).
So I finally bought a set of rabbit-ears that connects to my TV via a standard cableTV cable.
So connecting that, I find I get reasonable reception on all the channels, VHF and UHF.
The thing is, the rabbit ears set has a label saying that these rabbit ears will receive all VHF/FM channels. Note FM and not UHF - but are these the same thing? If not, do VHF/UHF rabbit ears exist? If so, would I get better reception on UHF with a set of VHF/UHF rabbit ears?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I'm not sure about the technical side of this, but I've got a big antenna on the roof with one cable coming from it; then on the back of my (ancient) television I've got a little frequency splitter box thing that splits the UHF to a couple of clips and the VHF to a regular coax connector. I dunno if there is such a thing as a "UHF antenna"... and nobody else around here seems to have an antenna. Dang cable and satellite... bah.
Well, I just searched on radioshack.ca and they have a VHF/UHF/FM antenna for ten bucks more than the plain VHF/FM one. So I'll pick that one up and see if it helps.
i didnt know anyone still broadcasted on UHF.
All british channels are on UHF
8% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
In Canada, I think all the high channels are UHF.

Other question:
VHF=Very High Frequency, UHF=Ultrahigh Frequency?
according to dictionary.com yes.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
I dunno, I just get cable in my room Big Grin

Back in the day all I had was a pair o' rabbit ears and I somehow got MTV2, so I dunno.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Quote:i didnt know anyone still broadcasted on UHF.
if not UHF, then what do they use now?
UVHF Wink or maybe _cable_...

have you ever seen the movie with Weird Al called UHF?