Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
digitalblackie having some problems right now
Anyone currently hosted on digitalblackie.com: we experienced a RAID controller failure the other night which caused a lot of damage. The server is being repaired, but some of the services may not work still. It may be a couple of days more before everything's in working order. I'll let you all know when everything's back in shape, and if something still doesn't work, email me or send a message here on QBN about it. For the moment, TBN is down, and I'm not sure it will ever come back up the way it was before, as the database was pretty badly damaged and the most recent backup I have of it is about a week old (been too busy lately to make nightly backups). The V Planet forum is currently offline but it should be back up within a couple of days, as well as the nominations for the GGA2004 (the recent backup doesn't contain the latest script, and FTP still isn't quite working right). But piece by piece, we're getting everything restored. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Good thing I havn't changed mush recently. *phew*
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Update: all the old backups turned out corrupt, the most recent working backup was from late in November. Anyone who's been granted an account in December needs to contact us via either a messenger or PM on a forum, as our primary emails aren't quite working properly yet. We'll restore the account information as soon as we are able. We apologize for the inconvenience and we're working to fix everything as soon as possible.

As a side-note, TBN will be rebuilt from the ground up. The old forum will be repaired as much as possible but will be archived. Also, I had already planned to remove the front-end of the site since no one uses it anyways, that was based on votes from the TBN community before this problem occured. So this will give us a fresh start with new forum software.
That sucks. Hopefully the best can come out of it. Sad

Btw, b/c your server is down, i can't dl your pp256 to bitmap/whatever converter. can you email it to me? Thanks.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Update: we've regained control over most of the services on digitalblackie. Unfortunately, some of the damage is worse than anticipated. Some of the accounts are lost and will have to be recreated. We're in the process of setting up a second server in the datacenter so we can have things up and running quicker. I only wish we had the bandwidth and space to do local backups...

barok: I'll upload the package in a few minutes to one of my existing accounts and post the links here. Big Grin Gotta finish up with the new server first...should only be a few more minutes. Big Grin I love The Planet. Big Grin
barok: okay, I have it set up on a temporary server for the time being:

http://r6.myhostcenter.com/~psowowmv/AdvancePUT.exe --original full package (app + VS98 runtimes)
http://r6.myhostcenter.com/~psowowmv/AdvancePUTlite.exe --original lite version (app only - no runtimes)
http://r6.myhostcenter.com/~psowowmv/Adv...-patch.exe --original patch (adds missing palette format support, copy these files over the original files)
What about the TAC 2004? I've thought that you better expand it to the end of January so:

1.- People can still enter.
2.- People who has finished their adventures (i.e. Josiah and Los Monos del Obús) can add nice cosmetic additions or fixes.
3.- Most important: you have the time to make everything work.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Consider it done then. TAC'04 officially extended until the end of January. When we have full control back again, I'll restore the website for the TAC and update it.
Advanceput is very nice... quite likeable! It'll go alongside pptts (pixel plus to tileset) which creates one big bitmap out of put files. I'm also looking forward to your vb killer!
Jumping Jahoolipers!
na_th_an requested that I make an addition to Advance.Put that would output an array to one tilesheet, and I made the modification. I've yet to release said modification though, as I'd like the Merge feature to be finished first. Perhaps I can finish it up after I get home from work tomorrow. Big Grin As far as the "VB killer" goes...soon. Big Grin Perhaps a demo in a month or so. Smile

Glad you liked the proggy, man Big Grin