Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting Game Sprite Contest
Okay, I tried an RPG Sprite competition before, and nobody entered. So now, I'm giving you all a chance to make it up to me... The task is to make a 2D fighting game sprite, somewhere in the neighborhood of 70x70-200x200 in size. The sprite doesn't need to be animated, but if you want a better chance of winning, then go for it. The sprite should be pixeled by hand. You can USE photoshop, but don't use any of the auto-anti aliasing tools or anything like that. If you want to pencil in\model the lineart\base figure, then go for it.

The sprites are due by the end of the month, and whether or not you think you're going to win, or even be able to compete, enter anyway, just for the heck of it. I'd love to see what anyone here could do, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Smile

Enjoy. And I'll be the judge, thus, I won't enter. But I might make a sprite for the heck of it anyway. *goes out to spam compo to others*
I may enter this, sounds interesting. But be warned...what I draw may not be suitable for those under 18 or under the mental maturity of a grapefruit. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
PJ, I've emailed you my entry.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Quote:I may enter this, sounds interesting. But be warned...what I draw may not be suitable for those under 18 or under the mental maturity of a grapefruit.

Don't worry about that. I've got my eye-covering hands out and ready.

Zack: I won't post it up yet, but I got it..........................wow........................
Quote:
adosorken Wrote:I may enter this, sounds interesting. But be warned...what I draw may not be suitable for those under 18 or under the mental maturity of a grapefruit.

Don't worry about that. I've got my eye-covering hands out and ready.

Zack: I won't post it up yet, but I got it..........................wow........................
Sucks, eh? REDEYE!
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Hmm, I think I'll be entering. Should I email it to you or post it here? Or does it matter?
Just post here. Zack had to email me his because he did it in PP256 and I needed to make it visible... or something. If you're having the same problem, then I guess I can take care of it, though. Smile Glad to see people are interested.
Alright, just did this one since my last post... I call him 'Fred' for no discernable reason.
[Image: fred_final.png]
Originally I had this short animation I was going to finish:
[Image: fred_first.png]
I was going to have him spin his sword then stab after the explosion went off, but I HATE animating pixel art, so that fell through.
Cool, Josiah. Smile Me, and any other two people I force to be a second and third judge, will give a full, indepth, review of what we think of each sprite, so I'm not gonna really say much on it yet. But yeah, very nice. Smile
[Image: shoop.gif]
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i