Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBGFX Help
Where is the documentation!? Why do people insist on releasing undocumented stuff?

As much as I appreciate and applaud the effort, I am getting pissed off at the fact that there is no documentation. Keywords.txt is a poor and pathetic way to document the features of QBGFX.

Screen 320, 200, 8, 1 (this is code from the gbgfx text included in the zip) doesn't work for me. It was initially commented out and is "supposed" to give me fullscreen, but the program crashes.

Windowed works fine.

Help?
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Haah, and to think people complained about the 94 page hand written docs of µGL. "Where is the manual?"

Well, it's a one man project what did you expect. =)
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
"Hello, how can we help you today?"

"Please, hold on, I will redirect your call to our manager in a couple of seconds."

"Sorry if our product didn't meet your needs, we will fully refund you at any time you want."

Did you try LibertyBasic? It comes with a lot of nice looking docs and it's cheap as 1 pizza plus 2 bottles of coke.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BTW: I have to complain about the freebasic docs :barf:

SERIOUS: Vic, I don't help you writing docs for your compiler, because I'm not a big help, sorry :oops:
The last time I worked with QB was 1989 and all my coding with other languages doesn't help much... :-?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I dunno guys...I had no problem documenting the hell out of PTCXL, and no one who used it had any problems finding said documentation. Big Grin FB itself, understandable why there's no real documentation, as the project's huge, but the graphics module could have gotten some basic docs at least...SC Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
It is strange since on http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.ph...highlight=, Sterling Christensen says that
Quote:At the moment FreeBASIC can only emulate Qbasic screen modes 12 (640x480x8) and 13 (320x200x8).
There is much document, but Nexinarus has a ~70% completed one: http://www.hybd.net/~mms/fb/help/current/. Further more, you can collect and save the info in this forum to make your own document, which is what I want to begin Wink
Quote:but the graphics module could have gotten some basic docs at least...SC Big Grin
Ok ok, I'll write some docs :roll:, can't you people just read my mind? Smile
Actually I wasn't talking about the compiler.

I was talking about QBGFX.

I also was using Screen 13, but in fullscreen.

Funny thing is noone answered my question.

ISNT THAT JUST FCKING DANDY?

There is no excuse for lack of documentation.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Quote:Actually I wasn't talking about the compiler.

I was talking about QBGFX.
Everybody knows that :wink:

Quote:Funny thing is noone answered my question.

ISNT THAT JUST FCKING DANDY?
Well, you are biting the hand that feeds you :o

Quote:There is no excuse for lack of documentation.
How much would you pay for a proper documentation ?

You want it for free like the compiler do you?

I will give you a little hint:

Code:
Function Documentation_For_aetherfox () ' the Violent Observer
    Do
        Read_Vic's_Comment ()
    Loop
End Function

Bitching about something that comes for free ( as in beer ) is :barf:

Start over with a better attitude, and maybe someone will answer your questions Big Grin

BTW: don't forget that freebasic is young.
If Victor would start writing a documentation you would get a new version of fb in 6 month (and not all 14 days), and reach version 1.0 in about 3 years from now... (at least)
Quote:There is no excuse for lack of documentation.
My dog ate the documentation. I'm a volunteer/hobbiest, so I don't have to act professional, nyeh nyeh *sticks out tongue*. Serious though, I'm sorry. I'll write some documentation, ok?

Here:
1. Open one of the SDL examples.
2. make sure the last parameter passed to SDL_SetVideoMode is SDL_FULLSCREEN
3. Run it and tell me if it crashes the same way on your computer.
4. If it doesn't crash, try changing the resolution to 320x200x8, see if it crashes then.
...then we'll know whether it's SDL's or my fault.