Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any HAMs here?
Lately I've been thinking of getting involved in amateur radio. Just wondering if there are any HAMs here, and if so, maybe they could answer a few questions of mine.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
My dad was a hammy for many years, so I picked up a lil bit of what he was up to. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Man I wish I was involved in like half the things you are, Zack... what with the engine reconstruction or whatever, and now this... makes me think I'm wasting my life...

but, alas, no, I'm not a HAM.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Sorry for another reply with no info Smile, but just letting you know, if you ever get that up and running, let me know (and let me know how I can hear it) Smile
Not 'ere
I think my grandpa is though.

I can't believe I knew what HAM meant -_-;;
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Your life is only wasted if you waste it. Big Grin
Quote:My dad was a hammy for many years, so I picked up a lil bit of what he was up to. Big Grin
Did you ever get a license?
Nova: Problem is, I only talk about getting into that type of great stuff. I never actually end up doing it. Although the engine rebuild I do plan on at least trying.
PJ: Amateur radio is essentially two-way - you make contact with other amateurs in your area and around the world. Actually, some people have made contact with astronauts who happen to be orbiting overhead at the time. So unless you got a ham radio and license (which would be ultracool, considering we could make radio contact), it wouldn't work.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I never got a license but he was licensed for many years. Of course, he was also in the Coast Guard, so you can probably figure out where he picked it all up. Big Grin
Yeah, but still, alls I got is I can say "wow, I'm in a Showchoir, faaancy."
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Zack, i too wanted to be a hammy =P But I havent been to yet. Well, I will think of it as a project for my next vacation =D