Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sorry.
I got my Basics midterm back today. I failed miserably.

36%.

I'm going to be uninstalling trillian, blocking all pertient chat ports from my machine and pointing all the major qb sites except qbxl to localhsot in my HOSTS file until I've made it past finals sometime in March. I love the community and my freinds on-line, but my future is more important than my happiness. Sad

I'm sorry to all the people who were waiting for the next qbxl, it's delayed again. I swear to you on the blood that runs through my veins that when finals are over and I unblock the community sites, I'll have an issue of a magazine so amazing it'll be remembered for ages.

I'm sorry to the people who were waiting for the next Star Phalanx or Quest for a King. The code is going into archives and won't be touched until after I've successfully passed basics.

I'm just sorry in general, but this has to be done. I'll be back; I don't know when, but I will be back. My ticket to the future is blank, but the train is leaving with or without me.
No need to appologize.
Hope you pass it.

Good luck
Good luck dude.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
I find it ironic that a BASIC programmer would fail Basics...what is "Basics" anyway?
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Something like a programming web site interfering with your studies is much better than... well, getting drunk. It shows that you have a drive for programing computers. To me, it's something your teachers should take into consideration if you care more about Mathematics, than Language Mechanics.

Anyway, good luck. Wink
I'm with the doctor.

Good luck!
/post]
I'm more in the "enjoy life" department. Go out. Have a drink now and then. Forget about qbxl.

Time management means finding time to do what you want while making sure you do what you need. It's hard to figure out, but there are 24 hours in a day and if you spend around 2 hours, even 1 hour studying and getting your ass in gear, that leaves many more hours to relax, work on computer projects and go out with your friends. It's tough - I still struggle with it, but you can have it all, in portion.

Unhooking your computer might be a good start. Leave it undone until the end of the semester. But you won't solve all your problems by just doing that.

One thing you might want to try is the "9-5" routine. From 9am to 5pm, do absolutely nothing but go to class, and study between classes. Then take from 5pm-whenever to do what you want, like you're back in grade school.
SJ, I feel very sorry for you Sad After all the effort you put in...I passed my exams and my percentage actually increased during this sem but there is still a large room for me to improve. I feel as miserable as you do :'(. This has been one of the reasons for my absence from qbnews. Hope you do very well in your March exams.

Best of Luck!! Big Grin
I'm really sorry about your problems SJ. I hope you can fix you situation. I understand you perfectly since I'm in similar problems though I don't think it's QB community fault. It's mostly lack of true determination for studding and my ruggy brain. Whatever that could mean.

I'm going in font of commission on Thermodynamics II because I failed 3 times this exam. Two times written and once an oral. And I passed the written part the first time! God, how much my situation would be different if I passed that oral exam then. Ah, I just hope that professors on commission won't be in a "jiffy" mood. And that I'll do the written part well so I can skip that part in front of commission.
eh... *points at date * He's back Smile