Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Cancelled Projects.
Well, I know we all have had projects we've made that have ended up being canceled... but what were they?
i think that there was a topic about this issue ...but maybe it got deleted during the "Qbasic News attack"...

anyways, I've canceled a project called Radiated. It was supposed to be a sci-fi/rpg based on the same engine (same crappy engine) as Mirkwood. The story was similiar to Fallout and other post-nuclear-games: a heroic solider who survived the "black day" (last day of the nuclear war 2030), when 90 % of the worlds population died in the effects of the nuclear war, now sets on a journey to find oil for his town...bla.bla.bla...and so on... :wink:
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
let's see, i had paddlesport, sc 2080, a gauntlet clone, wormer 2, an uber-cool rpg, a drawing program, a badass text adventure engine, a chat engine based on neural networks (never took off Big Grin), a cool graphing calc program, and a 3d maze program.

*phew* that list brings me back...
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:gauntlet clone
cool! it's a shame no one has made a gauntlet clone in qbasic (or is that done?!) yet... how long into development did u get?

Quote: wormer 2
sweet. i like wormer so please tell me: what was the sequel supposed to bring?

Quote: an uber-cool rpg
more info please... this is just plain teasing :lol: what type of rpg? development status? I'm curious as a boy before christmas Smile
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
My projects normally get cancelled for me when fate conspires against me. There was a Street of Rage/Exploding Fist remake that got cancelled during a hard drive crash. Labyrinth 2, a Rogue-type 'team' project that got scrapped when the 'team' fell apart. Then there was a Shinobi type game that never made it past early graphics stages. And PipEdit, a sprite editor which seemed pointeless after I tried PP256. And of course Kingdoms 2, crushed by a lack of direction, lack of time, and the weight of its own hype...

Quote: a gauntlet clone

Ah, I will do one one day, for sure Wink
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
you know, if you scroll down a little, on this board, youll see this post:
http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=2090
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
Well, there's clearly a difference between the two threads... this one is about *yours* and theirs is the *greatest*. I honestly never saw that one... (though ironically I think I posted in there...*
okay, jocke:

gauntlet clone: i made one or two tiles and started on a scrolling engine with blast!... hence why it never worked out Smile

wormer 2: more powerups, and the ability to hold down and button and stop the worm (but the longer you hold the farther he springs forward when you let go), plus more (better) graphics, and a mouse-eating system (too wierd to explain).

rpg: it was going to be lighthearted like the cooey series, but go try for intelligent humor instead of the silly end people oft resort to. also, it had a really cool, complex battle engine planned out, with things like parrying and counter-moves. but alas, like so many other qb rpgs, i quit after a few tiles and a quick shot at a scrolling engine (again, with the blast).

more projects i never mentioned:
a vertical shooter, i actually had an engine made for this one, but it was my first attempt at "good" graphics, and i tried drawing tiles with colored pencil to a negative effect.

and how could i forget the qb community fighting game project? I pumped some badassed drawings into that, but its creator jumping ship was the last straw to its cancellation.

i also made some coo graphics for kingdoms 2, which never came into fruition. damn, and they were almost complete.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:and how could i forget the qb community fighting game project? I pumped some badassed drawings into that, but its creator jumping ship was the last straw to its cancellation.

Can you explain more details of that project? Please?

Just curious.
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Yes... I am curious as well...