Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status on the various GUI libs?
Title prtty much says it...

When can we expect them to be released?
yeah, who's working on GTK+? put it on the cvs so other ppl can help...
1000101 and I are working on POOP. Big Grin We'll have a demo version ready within a couple of months.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:yeah, who's working on GTK+? put it on the cvs so other ppl can help...
Which CVS? A new one, or FB's? Would it bother v1c to have incomplete bi files in the CVS's freeBASIC/include directory? If not, I'd be happy to start things off.

Quote:1000101 and I are working on POOP. We'll have a demo version ready within a couple of months.
Cool, but it's Windows only, right?
Quote:Cool, but it's Windows only, right?
You got a choice: extremely tight, optimized, efficient Windows code, or slow, generic, prone-to-many-bugs cross-platform code. Sorry, I'll take function over portability anyday. Big Grin We're going to port it to Linux once the Windows version is perfect...but ONLY when the Windows version is perfect.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Yes you're right, and normally I'd prefer tight well optimized code any day.

I was just trying to pressure you to plan on porting it eventually, to "represent" in case you didn't know how many people might care. "We're going to port it to Linux once the Windows version is perfect...but ONLY when the Windows version is perfect." is all I wanted to hear :wink:.

But until you do port it, there'll be a need for an FB port of the GTK headers...
Yo Sterling, of course not, any new headers are welcome, W.I.P or not.

I've being playing with GLADE, after fsw pointed me out, i reused the gtk declarations from the demo that Daniel wrote for Linux (it's at freebasic.tk), and hacked the glade-xml.h header, nothing more -- and yet, the windows are shown and the events are working as everything is done by libglade internally, loading the xml file at runtime.

Porting the GTK+ headers is an incommensurable (hey, i hope this means the same in english as in portuguese ;) job w/o automatic tools. glib, gobject, gdk, gtk are near to 2mb of headers, that's more than the Win API (well, almost).

With glade/libglade, not only you separate the ui from logic, but just a few headers are needed.. best way to work with it in Windows is to download the gtk+ dev package from the gladewin32 project: http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/module...load&cid=8 It comes with the editor (Glade) and all libs and headers needed.