Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myrpg: Deceased: Freebasic
I hope your happy Vic. You killed an innocent young qb project!

j/k. Wink I'm finished with this. I used way too many bad programming techniques. Plus it's almost void of comments, which is a bad thing. It was starting to slow down too. I was barely getting 60 fps on my amd duron 800. The fps would flucuate sometimes. And there's also freebasic out. Download if you want. It's just another generic rpg demo. Only difference is that it's 99% pure qb and it's zelda style. Hopefully this will dispel any belief that i'm one of those people that just come here just to post and don't do any coding. Wink

http://mcw.rpg-dev.net/myrpg.zip

arrow keys for moving, space bar for attacking, esc for ending the game. USe the number keys 1-5 to activate and manipulate the palette. (to a degree.)

comment if you feel like it. Have fun!
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Looks pretty nice - I get about 62 fps on an AMD Athlon 1700+ under WinXP. Collision detection is a bit flaky in spots - prolly just unfinished map rather than bad code.

The code doesn't look too bad; it's just a bit lengthy and redundant (scripting would be better than hard-coding some stuff, but you know that Wink).

Good luck on your future fb projects.