Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem setting up Tortoise CVS
Jofers:
I try to follow your instructions
Quote:3. Right click on the desktop (or preferred location for the folder), and choose “CVS Checkout”
4. A dialogue will come up. Use the following settings:
CVS ROOT: [leave this blank, it will fill itself out]
PROTOCOL: ssh
SERVER: cvs.sourceforge.net
PORT: [leave this blank]
REPOSITORY FOLDER: /cvsroot/freebasicdoc
USERNAME: [your sf.net username]

5. From there, click “OK” and TortoiseCVS will automatically create the folder. You now have instant access to all the available documentation.
But "OK" is greyed out , can't click it, something must be missing...
Antoni
Is your module set to CVSROOT?

I just updated the guide.
Ok, It works now.
Some questions:

Can I have private helper files in my CVS folder or they will end up in the server the next time i connect?

You stated code examples must be left as they are, without tags added. In IE an example like this is viewed in a single line (all carry returns disappear(, is this correct?

Could you setup a temporal XMS so we could check the file layout before sending it?

Perhaps a field "differences with qb" in the quickpages would be useful to users.
Antoni
Sure, just stuff any helper files in a new folder.

The code'll be put in a <pre> tag or a <code> tag or something in layout. Line breaks'll be converted for HTML, it won't just be ol' white space-ignored HTML.

I'll play around with some XLS formats in a bit. But the idea is that you shouldn't worry about layout when writing this thing.

I figured "differences from qb" would be stuffed in the details section, but sure, I'll give it a tag. I'll add it to the guide sometime next week, I exhausted all my "free time" this weekend, tomorow's reserved.
About XLS, I'm not worrying about layout. Only if I had a XLS, it would be easier to check the texts, and the correcness of the tagging with IE.

Could you give me the XLS for he old format so I can modify it and use it just to check? I would make it myself if I knew howi t's done, but I never went furhter than CSS.
Antoni
I mean XSL. XLS is an excel file, methinks. Man, they're too many alphabet soups in this business.

I'll do a lot more work after this week. It's drop day Friday, so I have to do a lot of catch up to see if I can pass some of these classes I'm taking.

The XSL template is the reason I went to the new format. I tried to make something that would read the layout type in the header and then apply an xsl accordingly, but you can't load files from strings (like "open x$ for binary as 1") in XSL, you have to explicitely declare the file... so I ditched it and made three set formats.

But yeah, it's coming.