Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"unknown error" when I want to compile my programm
Hi FB-Fans,

I've a big problem: Always when I want to compile my programm it just sais "unknown error" and no error-line is shown, too.

So I unfortunatly can't fix the problem myself as I just don't know where that error occurres.

The Programm I'm working on is a port of a LIB for QB, so don't laugh, if you see Subs like
Code:
sub xpoint (x,y,f)
   f=point(x,y)
end sub

As it's a GFX-Lib-Port you'll need a Image-File and a PAL-File. I've put all the neccesery files on my server: www.FreeBASIC.de/NewFB.zip

I'd be very happy if anyone could tell my the reason for the error and how to fix it.

Mecki
he dogs bark, but the caravan keeps moving.
I don't know about unknown error, but the fbc compiler outputs the following message:

[syntax="DOS"]
FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 0.11
Copyright © 2004-2005 Andre Victor T. Vicentini (av1ctor@yahoo.com.br)

compiling: lib.bas -o lib.asm
lib.bas(263) : error 42: Variable not declared, found: 'picline'
[/syntax]

You're using option explicit and not defining all of your variables.
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
Well, then something is wrong with the IDE?!

Haven't thought that I would get another error-report when using the compiler directly.

Thank you,
Mecki
There are different IDEs in development for FB. You might want to post which IDE you're using and the problem. That way the person in control of the IDE can correct the return message.
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
Hi,

Ah, sorry, that undeclared variables were not the error.

I'm using VonGodric's IDE. It just sais "unknown error", but the compiler gives the following output:
Code:
lib2(.text+0xa67):fake: undefined reference to `LIB.GETQBPINFOS@16'
lib2(.text+0xfdb):fake: undefined reference to `LIB.GETQBPINFOS@16'

The updated version is again online at www.FreeBASIC.de/newFB.zip

Mecki
You haven't defined the subroutine LIB.GETQBPINFOS, prolly... haven't looked at the sources.
Damn!

The SUB-Name is "GetQBPinfo" but i called "GetQBPinfos"

Thank you! Smile