Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Random QB Error
Well, I guess another higher being got bored again....

I have another unexplained error, mabey plasma or Rel could help....I don't know, but anyways here it is:

I start my program in QB4.5 (Windows XP), just like I did the day before and no I DID NOT change ANYTHING, and when the program ran (this was after the opening intro, which is all text) (It was screen 13) It seemed like all the pixels at once randomized their color and moved up or down or both in bands of about 20 pixs high (not all the same color) and seemed to be layered.

So I managed to track down what line of code made it do that and it was a PUT (x%, y%), blazer, XOR. I'm using SuperPut BTW. Now I had this line in there before and it worked but now for some reason it doesn't, can anyone help?
i]"But...it was so beautifully done"[/i]
do you specify memory address of where it writes? i.e. &HA000

if so, make sure its pointing to the right spot
Ummm...

I put none of those &H things in my program, the only &H things I have is in the SuperPut Plasma made.

So any other ideas?
:???: Mitth, you sure do get those works one day, and not the next...

I have no idea, but I give advice, "keep looking and digging, the smartest answers lie in the dumbest places, e.i. Look where you'd least expect it, the best dubbuging tool I know of.. Big Grin "

Good luck!
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Can you post or send me your source code? Might be a SuperPut bug that I haven't seen yet...
I'll PM it to ya.

I really don't want to be putting it where everyone can see it, but check your PMs.

Rattra, BTW, I did check it, I ALWAYS check my program BEFORE I start changing it again, and before I close out QB.

The last time I closed it out it worked. The time when I opened it back up it does what I descibed above.

So its just like last time, an unexplained error.....

And ya the peice of code that it does that wierd error thing I had in there almost at the beginning of making my program...*sigh*
Smile Did you save it b4 closing it out that last time..?? :???:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
You changed something. QB doesn't modify things by itself. Whether it was in the code or an outside source file I can't be sure. It could possibly be bad sprite data. Maybe the file for the sprite became invalid, or specifying the incorrect segment before you load it could also cause a problem. Check to make sure you used DEF SEG and VARPTR when loading your sprites.
Well, if I had changed something then I would be asking a different question.

No, I did not change ANYTHING, and I did Save. I know it seems impossible but things are what they are and all I know is that I did nothing to it and now it doesn't work...
Nah. I don't believe you.