Poll: Which OS is the Best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Windows 9x, 2000, Me, XP, 3.11 (eeeeww!)
100.00%
24 100.00%
Linux (Red hat, whatever you prefer
0%
0 0%
Apple (any Mac OS)
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite?
I don't like Microsoft. Yes, I do have XP, 95, 3.11, and MS-DOS 6.22, but that's because of compatibility. If I could choose, I would trade all of them for Apple. But, I can't, because everything only works with the "evil :evil: corporation's" (as they have been dubbed before) OS.

Anyway, check out this site. You Linux fans will find it quite interesting.

http://www.microsuck.com

Read what it says about file tracking.

Reply with your thoughts on why you don't like Microsoft (or why you disagree with me.)

:wink: :rotfl: :bounce: :oops: :barf: :wink: :rotfl: :bounce: :oops: :barf:
Smile He he, first vote!!

Um,. I've heard all this on Evil Microsoft,. dudes, its economics, its every company's goal to hold a simi-monopoly of a product.. and look, PS2, XBOX, G^3, and what ever others are all diff systems, no1 holds a monoply there, but you have those games made just for one system. This leaves others out...

e.i. I'd love Star Fox, pretty mean looking RPG, but I got PS2 cause it hosts more games I like... Most games are ported around the systems, but you get those that get left out... It could be done in the comp world, but it leave you checking for system set up, along with the computer you own yourself..

I dunno, but you shouldn't hate MS for acheving a goal, and if not for them (as Pete said once and I agree) we would not be here, cause not only did they make the way for comps, they made programing user friendly.. :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Quote:Anyway, check out this site. You Linux fans will find it quite interesting.

http://www.microsucks.com

I'm sure that couldn't be biased at all Tongue
Quote:I dunno, but you shouldn't hate MS for acheving a goal, and if not for them (as Pete said once and I agree) we would not be here, cause not only did they make the way for comps, they made programing user friendly.. :wink:
Actually, Microsoft made no significant contribution to making computers more user friendly. Apple and other companies were already way ahead of them and still are. All they did is make x86 PCs more user friendly.

Also, they acomplished a goal, yes, but by using deceptive underhanded tactics. I'd be OK with MS if they had gotten where they are only by provided superior products at lower prices without trying to trip their competitors.
:roll: Oh well, I don't study the comp market. I watch the car one, Big Grin ,.

But as for underhanded tatics, it life, ppl make stupid disisions, and if Mac, and others give what you say, MS will come down on there face hard if they don't watch it.. :wink: .. its the law of compitition..
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Dude, you can't put XP in the same category as 9x, 3.11, ME, or 2000. XP is all its own.

Linux is a joke.
Quote:Linux is a joke.
How can you say it's a joke? Wha do you know about Linux?

Quote:if Mac, and others give what you say, MS will come down on there face hard if they don't watch it.. :wink: .. its the law of compitition..
Nope, competition only works if the competitors play fair. They're supposed to try to beat everbody else in terms of volume, quality, price, advertising, etc. Only in that kind of market does the best product rise to the top.
Compared to Gentoo Linux w/ fluxbox
XP=bloat

2000 and XP are pretty similar....XP just adds some features from 9x. It's practically the same kernel too.
Quote:
Radical Raccoon Wrote:Linux is a joke.
How can you say it's a joke? Wha do you know about Linux?
he knows it's a joke Tongue

at any rate, mac did make computers user freindly. but at the same time, they made them all computer illiterate. i don't know how many times i've heard a mac user go on a windows computer and say "where's the face, the one that keeps all my files!" or "What is wrong with this internet. i think the internet is broken at your house because it looks different than my internet." i'm not saying that everyone who uses a mac is an idiot, i'm just saying that someone switching over from a windows user enviroment is more than likely gonna be able to figure out a mac better than a mac user trying to figure out a windows system.

it's just like aol (which really 'is' a joke). you have your button that says "check email, search the web, and delete viruses". unfortunately, that is all most aol users know. it's like they're trying to sheild the user from the amount of damage a slightly-intelligeble person could do.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
You can call Windows evil or whatever you want, but Linux is just a cult OS. Only supported by hard-core MS haters and people that are unfamiliar with XP. It may have been "the thing" for all of us geeks out there back in the day when windows crashed all the time. But MS solved that problem with XP. So now there's no need to switch over to a non-user-friendly and unsupported OS where you need a thick 1,000 page manual to just figure out how to open your CD-Rom drive.