Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a slacker, Looking for someone who isn't
Hey I'm starting on my next project, and probably my final one. I'm going to be building a fighting game, but I'm way to lazy to actually due the graphics for it. Now if someone what's their name in the credits can you help out. I got drawing I'll post em up hopefully tomorow. Oh I'm I never mantioned it would be a 2D fighting game. With urban looking charecters. Graphic wise resemble street fighter, (yea I found some site that talks about pixel graphics and it inspired me). I don't no if I can find the patience or the actual time to make graphics myself but I would appreciete anyone's help.
·····································LINEAR INC·····································
Ø-----------------------------------------------------------------------O
From Problem to Solution - We take the shortest distance
You should check out the awesome tutorial on making fighting games (with a good example program, in my opinion) at the QBasic Colony. Megaman is right on, and the demo rocks. Big Grin
you have the link to that?

btw I just realized I don't have a website I don't no where to upload the charecters[/img]
·····································LINEAR INC·····································
Quote:you have the link to that?

btw I just realized I don't have a website I don't no where to upload the charecters[/img]

You can't post links from most free services anyways. Best thing is to just open a page at lycos or tripod or whatever and just link us to that.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know how "mort de rire" can sound in english, but the two words "final" and "project", one after another, are clearly an excellent Laughs-Out-Loud source for any disabused, mature, old and tired, healthy, joyfull, sinfull, non-serious, well for any QB progger...

How many projects will you prog after your final one ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
'Final Fantasy' comes to mind.
Quote:'Final Fantasy' comes to mind.

Seven was great. Eight was good (and with a final boss of appropriate difficulty). Nine was bad, and they are getting worse...

Lets see a return to the FF7 type of heaps of sidequests, cute chocobos, and the coolest bad guy of all time.
Jark wasn't refering to the use of the word "final" in a title. He was talking about...

Quote:Hey I'm starting on my next project, and probably my final one.

...however, that makes some sense, Jark, because Mr. Kofman considers himself more of a designer than a programmer... but... well, who knows.

BTW, "mort de rire" -> to die laughin' -> laughin' my @$$ out -> LMAO. Acronyms, you see... :roll:

Kofman: as always in life, first start coding the game, then when there's some substance in the project, ask for help in the graphics department. It's extremely annoying to make graphics for things that will never be finished. And no, I'm not being skeptical about your project, in fact -being a big fan of fighting games- I wish the best of luck to you, but we know what happens with these kind of ambitious QB projects.

The aforementioned tutorial and the game: http://members.lycos.co.uk/qbcolony/art_htmafg.shtml Read the comment of Ryan twice and you'll understand. 8)

Good luck.
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Thanks for the advice hexadecimal. Ironically this is my final project. After this I'm moving onto C++ and after that Java. I never really matured in Qbasic, but I'm glad to what I acheived. In a matter of a year (school year) I managed to go from someone who had no idea how to make a loop in Qbasic to writing fairly intresting programs. This will be my last Qbasic program, so I'm gonna put every last piece of knowladge I have about QB into it.

This will also be my first real game. So if you guys have any advice.

I figured I'll start on moving and collisions. (Don't know if I mantioned I'm making a fighting game). And after that build in some sort of AI for the oponent. Then I guess I can top it all off with graphics and UI. Cya later
After all, there are only two acceptable languages : ASM and Basic. People usually make no difference between languages and compilers, and that's what kills QB...

Can anybody tell me why the same gimmick will play faster with C than with QB ? If I got no answer, I will:

1) switch to ASM
2) piss on your car's wheels
3) twist your rain wipers
4) build the slowest possible graphic QB library (I'm excellent at slow progs :rotfl: )
5) think about an efficient Basic compiler

Just to tell you how I'm bad...
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]