Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more car stuff
heh, just got a new car.. its a toyota camrey, 1990... its a 5 speed, and it has some type of problem w/ the first gear.. its either your not giving it enough gas, and the car shakes really hard and dies, or your giving it too much gas and it does a nice little burn out... but there is no smoothe takeoff.. anybody know whats wrong? somebody told me it had to do with a censor a nd the efi or something
url=http://www.random-seed.net][Image: asylumsig.png][/url]
the *shakes really hard and dies* bit is called a stall. now, sounds like it's one of two problems. first of all, tell me, when you in first, or nuetral, whats your RPM?
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Take it to your local garage. Fixing a car is really a hands on job, not something that a few programmers can do over the net Smile
i wouldnt discount the advice from mech, all the same.
Smile Your ever hear of test driving first??? nevermind,. Your either low on transmission fluid, worn clutch, or just a bad first gear <in that last part, a profesional would be best, there 93 parts on average in a transition.. :wink:

Have you ever operated a manual b4? Or if all else fails, take of in 2nd until you can get it fixed.. Smile
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Yeah, are you good with driving a standard? Because it could just be you aren't easing the clutch properly in when starting.
Now what's the "burn out" you describe?

When it's in neutral, what happens when you start it after it being left out overnight? If it stalls then, it's nothing to do with the trans, and it's most likely that it's starved for fuel. In that case it's a computer (EFI system, temp sensor, etc.). Otherwise it'll be something before that. Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulation, etc.
Take it to a mechanic, or go to http://www.trustmymechanic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
That's a mechanic's forum, they are good at that stuff.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Quote:Now what's the "burn out" you describe?.

What??? :o .

Burn Out: Natural way: Release the motor's power full force to the rear wheels. Generates a straite foward motion while your spinning.

The way Xteraco is doing it: Dropping the clutch at to high of RPM, particuly 3,000 and up.. :wink: Depending on motor power.. same effect as above

And if it comes up: Drift(aka Sidewinder, Powerslide, ect.): Roll into curve, bout a quarter of the turn release all torqu to wheels. You spin sideways. Just don't try that, you seriously have to be fast & persice to straitin back up.. :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Those are all stick tricks, right? The only experience I have with manuals is taking one apart. I never actually used one. (Considering that I can't even drive, not surprising! Wink )
burn out is a little exagerated.. more like chirp chirp... it doesent have a tach, so i dont know the revs exactly, but i do know how to drive a standard.. somebody suggested some type of sensor getting moisture on it and malfunctioning or something, but i'm not really sure if thats it.... oh, wouldnt taking off in 2nd phuk the clutch up? guess i'm gonna have it taken to a shop after all Smile
url=http://www.random-seed.net][Image: asylumsig.png][/url]
AFAIK the only sensor in the transmission is the neutral indicator switch, although I've only ever looked at a Borg-Warner T5, which was pretty old.