Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed: Writer
i need someone to help me write my llittle game im working on

It is an IF game that uses some minor graphics

VERY brief synopsis:

NO WORKING TITLE

It takes place 45 years after the earth in invaded and just about wiped out by the Vindros a reptillian race of Galaxy conquering aliens.

Since the Vindros invaded there are many new "intellegent" lifeforms on earth that pop in from time to time. Some are hostile to humans and some are sympathetic and helpful.

Humans are now very scarce and hunted. This game is the story of ones man(or woman's) Quest to drive them away and rebuild what the humans have lost.

I welcome comedy and encourage it this (game will be my little tribute to HHGTTG )

Infrastructure is crumbled and in some places non-existant.
Technology is crude but Modern (NO factories,mass transite etc but you may find a gun here and there maybe a car with gas)

What i need:

HELP writing the story, room descriptions , Item creation, Dialogue. Basically Content... there i said it. I have about 20 rooms laid out and half a dozen items. (yes there is combat, kind of like a MUD really) .

You know the menial tasks, im having so much fun programming i want to flesh everything out before i start on the Content.

More detail will be given to those interested. If any!

the engine is not "working" as anyone besides me is concerned (im embarassed about my code!)

Feek free to tell me how stupid my idea is and how Lame i am... i welcome the abuse... and ... to be dreadfully honest.. rather enjoy it (Thank you sir may i have another!)
Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic."
My waste of space
I can't be of help 'cause I'm not a native speaker so my "dramatic writing" utterly sucks.

The best person that I know to be suited for what you need has to be aetherFox. Ask him, maybe he's interested. For what I know, he's also very busy.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
I ditched the graphics, going for a pure text "MUD style" game

once i have the engine and game 100% working i might make it Multiplayer
Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic."
My waste of space
Yeah, I'll help you out.

I can't do anything till the start of next month though, I've never had this much work in my life.

As long as I can be sarcastically witty and cynically satirical, I'll be glad to write.

Add me to your MSN Messenger: avinashvora at gmail dot com
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
I have a very black sense of humor, there isnt much i wont joke about. Im not a monster I just apprieciate making fun of the defects of mankind

Being a real american and not a supporter of the "Bush Empire" I believe in free speech.

Say what you want as long as you say it well.

Im writing as well but when i write "story" style i tend to get boring

The only limit is dealing with the Vindros. I want them as the only "totally serious" Characters in the game I think thier determination will be a funny contrast to the other odd things that I would like happen.
My waste of space
Working title is now:

A Personal Conflict with Reality

Also where can i get storage space?
I doubt this game wil be above 5 megs, just need a place to store it.

I dont have the internet at home right now I post and browse the net at work... oddly my boss doesnt care as long as I get my work done Big Grin
My waste of space
Well, I think that if aetherFox is in the project, we could host it at apeshell.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:I have a very black sense of humor, there isnt much i wont joke about. Im not a monster I just apprieciate making fun of the defects of mankind

Being a real american and not a supporter of the "Bush Empire" I believe in free speech.

The only limit is dealing with the Vindros. I want them as the only "totally serious" Characters in the game I think thier determination will be a funny contrast to the other odd things that I would like happen.

I guess you mean to write things in a diplomatic fashion?

DIPLOMACY: The art of sending someone to hell in such a way that they can't wait to make the trip.

LOLOL :rotfl:
hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

[Image: kaffee.gif]
[Image: mystikshadows.png]

need hosting: http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
Quote:
Punk Krash Wrote:I have a very black sense of humor, there isnt much i wont joke about. Im not a monster I just apprieciate making fun of the defects of mankind

I guess you mean to write things in a diplomatic fashion?

DIPLOMACY: The art of sending someone to hell in such a way that they can't wait to make the trip.

LOLOL :rotfl:

You hit the nail right on the head Big Grin
My waste of space
Punk, i would be willing to help you on the story