Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Lords prototype released
http://www.lostsocksoftware.com/Two_Lords_prototype.exe

I will likely never finish the QB version due to the massive number of problems it had running under the NTVDM as well as finding a suitable sound library for it, so here's the only working prototype of the game. It plays the first two levels. If you complete the second level, the game enters an infinite loop and you have to force it to terminate. This will NOT run correctly in XP, so either run it in 95/98/ME, under dosbox, or through one of the aforementioned OS's through a VM solution like Virtual PC or VMware.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:After installing the game, run the Configuration utility (Start -> Programs -> Lost socK software -> Two Lords -> Configure). This will configure the soundcard and controls of the game. Once everything is configured, you're ready to play.

i cant find that. but i changed the memory setting of the .exe to auto and set it to run in full screen. it worked untill the loading part. it froze there. besides not working it looks good. brings you back to the old days.
The manual was written before the game was finished. Ignore that detail. There was to be a configuration utility written later, but since this game was never finished, it was never written. Also, the game, like I have already said, does not run correctly in Windows XP. When it shows "LOADING..." for the first level, it freezes, likely due to an error or shortcoming in the NTVDM.
i'm on w2k pro and i thouhgt i had a chance at it working. i'll switch to the other hdd.
You are going to remake that game in FB, aren't you?
:O

You finally released a playable version!
I have plans to remake it as a true 3D game in FB, but that won't be for awhile as I have too many other, more important things to deal with first (like Rhia's pregnancy...)