Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
real programmers...
Real programmers don´t write specs --users should consider themselves lucky to get any programs at all and take what they get.

Real programmers don´t comment their code. If it was hard to write it should be hard to read.

Real programmers don´t write application pograms. They program right down on bare metal. Aplication programmeing is for feebs wh cant do system programming.

Real programmers don´t write in Cobol. Cobol is for wimpy application programmers.

Real programmers never work right the first time, But if you throw them on the machin they can ba patched into working in only 30-hours debuging sessions.

Real programmers don´t write in Forteran. Forteran is for pipe stress freaks and chrystallography weenies.

Real programmers never wokr 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9 am, it´s because they were up all night.

Real programmers dont write in Basic, Actoully, no programmers write in Basic , after the age of 12.

Real programmers dont write in PL/1. PL/1 is for programmers who cant decide whether to write in Cobol or Forteran.

Real programmers dont write in APL. Any fool can be obscure in APL.

Real programs dont document. Documentation is for simps who can read the listings or the object deck.

Real programmers dont write in Pascal, or Bliss, or Ada, or any of those pinko computer science languages. Strong typiing is for people with weak memories.

Real programmers know better then the users what they need.

Real programmers think structred programming is a communist plot.

Real programmers think better then playing adventure...

:added on Ninkazus wish:
Real programmers make 64k executables that produce 2 gigs of info

there compy those from my C book. mostly of you have probably alrady read them but they are funny and can be read again.

And remember no one uses basic who is over 12 years old Wink
That was in a C book? Must be a joke.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
yep was a joke (in the book) and I think it´s hilarius Smile
O well i guess ill have to stop prgraming in qb when my birthday comes around
:roll: 8)
whats wrong in writing with basic. u can use aseembly in it which is in case you didn't know one up for machine launguage :rotfl: :rotfl: :barf: :barf:
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
Very good stuff. Although you should have added "Real programmers make 64k executables that produce 2 gigs of info"
Bahaha! (I never did that, but I just saw a demo that did.... very kewl)
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Quote:Very good stuff. Although you should have added "Real programmers make 64k executables that produce 2 gigs of info"

there added it Wink Tongue
Quote:Very good stuff. Although you should have added "Real programmers make 64k executables that produce 2 gigs of info"

I know what do you refer. And the point is not that they produce 2 gigs of info. The point with those demoes is that if the animations they produce were stored in an AVI video file, it would take 2 gigs of disk space.

Note that if they produced 2 gigs of info, you'd need 2 gigs of memory/hdd to store it, and they can be run from a diskette.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
I know to what it was refering, but still, it's quite impressive for 64k. In QB, that stupid bloatware makes a "hello world" program more than 40k!
am an asshole. Get used to it.
I recall that I've posted the whole thing on a previous thread.. And I recall also this paragraph:

Quote:...the latest release of Unix has the potential of an operating system worthy of any Real Programmer-- two different and subtly incompatible user interfaces, an arcane and complicated teletype driver, virtual memory. If you ignore the fact that it's "structured", even 'C' programming can be appreciated by the Real Programmer: after all, there's no type checking, variable names are seven (ten? eight?) characters long, and the added bonus of the Pointer data type is thrown in-- like having the best parts of Fortran and assembly language in one place. (Not to mention some of the more creative uses for #define.)

Note the bold text. From that you can easily infer that the author really likes Fortran; and the fact that Shogun found the thing on a C book, where the original one points that "even 'C' programming can be appreciated", just says one word: convenience. [Image: diablotin.gif]
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]