Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MazeChase
I am working on a small game for my daughter. Here is a screenshot:

EDIT (remove SS)

Although far from complete, it currently allows the user to control the pikachu and run around the screen collecting pokeballs.

Future enhancements will include a "bad guy" character that roams around the screen trying to catch the player and a goal of a certain total number of pokeballs to collect over a series of unique maze screens in order to win the game.
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
Looks good so far.
Looks fun!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Awesome! Stuff like this reminds me of my dad. When my brother and I were little, he made us a similar game on our Commodore 64 where you controlled a smiley face with the joystick trying to eat some cheese that popped up in random locations. If only he knew what he were getting us into... our programming power soon surpassed his. :wink: Now he's asking me for help on simple VB stuff he's working on at Intel.

I'm still amazed by his personal joystick/pedal system he made for test drive on our 8086, tho..
Big Grin He he, you know Ash will warn you that Pikachu can get a lil temper and shock the fool out of you if not careful.... :rotfl:

Dittos Rel, does looks fun!!!

Edit: A Ekans would make a good bad guy.. :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
The pikachu sprite is custom made by myself, but the tiles are "borrowed" from other public domain sets.

I was thinking of using either Jessie or James' original pokemon as the antagonist. I figured that coffing/wheezing should be easy to make as a top-down view sprite...
ature has its way of warning a person away from danger: The distinct black and white coloration on a skunk, the chilling buzz of a rattlesanke, a redneck handing you his beer and saying "Watch this!"
Heh, you know alot on Pokemon..

Yeah, got a point, those would be perfect... I thought Ekans was a original, hmm, but I never got to watch many of the shows.. just know as much as my old gameboy let me into the world.. :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

You were right ekans/arbok was Jessie's original pokemon. Coffing/wheezing was James' pokemon.

A glorified vision of this game was to even have an opening sequence where a transport of pokeballs overland was being made from Prf. Oak to the nearest pokemon center and one bag was "spilled" over a ledge while the rest were taken.

Here is where you/Pikachu come in. Collect the spilled pokeballs from whereever they were scattered and avoid the "antagonist" pokemon.
Here is an updated screenshot:

EDIT (remove SS)

I have the "enemy" sprite done and loaded although somewhat mindless at this point.
Smile He he, Coffing!!

Hmm, is the smoke animated? Can't tell from the still image as you can guess.. Smile
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)