Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameTutorials.com tutorial cd
i was wondering if anyone had this and if its worth the money. there is 300 tuts on it, so i was wondering if its actually good.
Smile Depends, do you got $55.00 to spare (shipping included :wink: )?, a C++ compiler? Time to go thru all the tuts? Willingness to learn?

Answer all yes, yeah, I'd go for it in my opinion.. :wink: ,.
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
well, got quincy and i could download devc++ and i am......selling everything i can on ebay Big Grin . but yes i really want to learn open gl and c++, well i think i wanna learn c++ unless i should learn C or if they are pretty much the same ill go with c++
Smile I read somewhere C is a lazier version of C++ and creates bad coding habits.. how far that is true I dunno,. but dev-c++ is cool, and if you got the time, go for it, seems to be a informing product (Game tut disk)... :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

you can also download it you dont have to have it shipped.
I wouldn't try that unless you have DSL, or Broadband... If you have Dail-Up, the file might get damaged on downloading (had this happen b4 on big files), unless you leave the comp alone while it loads... and still, it takes really long... :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

C is not the lazier version of C++...

C++ is a subset of C, a (in my opinion) language that promotes bad programming practices and the "loose" coding you are talking about.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
<bash> c++ is a SUPERset to c and is not even near to promote as bad programming habits as any basic in the world does</bash> Smile
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
C++ doesn't promote lazy habits? Err......o...kay... :roll:

(says the guy who's been coding in C almost nonstop for the past three days...)
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Doesn't BASIC languages (qb, fb etc) generate bad habits?
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]