Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug in cvs?
umm the threading example no longer compiles, it tells me it can't find -lfbmt... and threadcreate in general seems to like being annoying (my calls to it are coming up with random errors even though it worked fine with lillo's build)
ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote:quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
and this is starting to scare me...
Code:
for i=0 to ubound(FB_StyledText)-1
         print i,FB_StyledText(i)
      next
      redim preserve FB_StyledText(ubound(FB_StyledText)-1)
      for i=0 to ubound(FB_StyledText)
         print i,FB_StyledText(i)
      next
output:
Code:
0             9495056
1             6
0             0
1             0
:???:
Quote:quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
There are 2 versions now of the rtlib, one for single-threaded apps with no mutexes and no bloat or slowdown that most would complain about, and another version that is thread-safe, the mt one, to build the mt lib, set a env-var called MULTITHREADED to any value, do a make clean and make.
hrm, ok now the sample works, but my code no longer works...

Code:
fbiide.bas(1005) : error 40: Expected 'END SUB' or 'END FUNCTION', found: 'threa
dcreate'

threadcreate( @Runn, maxthread )
   ^
:???: do you want to see the code?

[edit]
um here's the sub it was in:
Code:
sub OnCompileRun(byval event as long)
   maxthread+=1
   threadcreate( @Runn, maxthread )
end sub
...phear
Fixed.. threadcreate became a "special" function to change automagically the rtlib to the mt version when it's used, and it was not been allowed to be called as a SUB, changes are in CVS..

You can do res = threadcreate( ... ) by now while SF doesn't update the anonymous access..
ok thanks, now my code semi-works again Smile
except for the redim preserve strangeness Sad
also (this is probably my problem) FB__WIN32 is no longer defined.
...phear
Yeah, that's in the changelog:

Quote:- FB__* built-in #defines are now named __FB_*__, please update your code if you used them! (lillo)
- New built-in dynamic #defines: __FILE__, __FUNCTION__, __LINE__, __DATE__ and __TIME__ (lillo)

Dunno about redim preserve, it wasn't changed but to add multi-threading support, i'll take a look asap..
v1c, here's a minimal-ish example of the buggy code:
Code:
'$include: "libwx-c.bi"
option escape
declare sub inittoolbar()
declare sub initmenus()
declare sub inittext()
declare sub OnCloseTab(byval event as long,byval listener as long)
declare sub addtab()

dim shared wx_app,wx_frame,wx_tab
redim preserve shared FB_StyledText(1) as integer,filename(1) as string',id() as integer

enum FBids
    FBMainFrameID         = wxID_HIGHEST
   FileMenu_Close
end enum

sub inittext()
    FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)+1) = wxStyledTextCtrl_ctor (wx_tab,FBMainTextField,wxsize_ctor(-1,-1),wxsize_ctor(-1,-1),wxSUNKEN_BORDER or wxVSCROLL,0)
    wxNotebook_AddPage(wx_tab,FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)+1),FileName(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)),TRUE,-1)
    wxStyledTextCtrl_CreateDocument(FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)))
end sub

sub App_OnInit ()
   wx_Frame = wxFrame_ctor ()
   wxFrame_Create (wx_Frame, 0, FBMainFrameID, "FBIde", wxSize_ctor ( -1, -1), wxSize_ctor ( -1, -1), wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE or wxCLOSE_BOX, "frame" )
   redim preserve FB_StyledText(1) as integer
   inittoolbar
   wx_tab=wxNotebook_ctor()
   wxNotebook_Create(wx_tab,wx_frame,-1,wxSize_ctor(-1,-1),wxSize_ctor(-1,-1),0,0)
   filename(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab))="noname"
   inittext
   initmenus
   addtab
   wxWindow_Show ( wx_frame, 1)
   wxApp_OnInit(wx_app)
end sub

sub App_OnExit()
    wxApp_OnExit(wx_app)
end sub

sub inittoolbar()
   tooba=wxFrame_CreateToolBar(wx_frame,style,toolbar,0)
   wxToolBar_AddTool1 (tooba,FileMenu_Close,0,wxbitmap_ctor(),wxbitmap_ctor(),0,"Close file (Ctrl+F4)",0,0)
   wxToolBar_Realize(tooba)
end sub

sub initmenus()
    wxEvtHandler_proxy( wx_frame, @OnCloseTab )
    wxEvtHandler_connect(wx_frame,wxEvent_EVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED(),FileMenu_Close,-1,0)
end sub

sub OnCloseTab(byval event as long,byval listener as long)
   if (wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)=1) then
      wxStyledTextCtrl_SetText(FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)),0)
   else
      oldtab=wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)
      wxNotebook_DeletePage(wx_tab,oldtab)
      for i=oldtab to ubound(FB_StyledText)-1
         FB_StyledText(i)=FB_StyledText(i+1)
      next
      for i=0 to ubound(FB_StyledText)-1
         print i,FB_StyledText(i)
      next
      redim preserve FB_StyledText(ubound(FB_StyledText)-1)
      for i=0 to ubound(FB_StyledText)
         print i,FB_StyledText(i)
      next
   end if
end sub

sub addtab()
    redim preserve FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)+1) as integer,filename(wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)+1) as string
    FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)) = wxStyledTextCtrl_ctor (wx_tab,HelpMenu_About+wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)+1,wxsize_ctor(-1,-1),wxsize_ctor(-1,-1),wxSUNKEN_BORDER or wxVSCROLL,0)
    FileName(wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab))="noname"
    wxNotebook_AddPage(wx_tab,FB_StyledText(wxNotebook_GetPageCount(wx_tab)),FileName(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)),TRUE,-1)
    wxStyledTextCtrl_CreateDocument(FB_StyledText(wxnotebook_getselection(wx_tab)))
    wxNotebook_SetPageText(wx_tab,wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab),FileName(wxNotebook_GetSelection(wx_tab)))
end sub

wx_app = wxApp_ctor()
  wxApp_RegisterVirtual ( wx_app, @App_OnInit, @App_OnExit)
  wxApp_Run(0,0)
...phear
wxNotebook_GetSelection is returning -1 when nothing is selected in two cases, and in one you are assigning a string to it (filename(...)="noname"), causing the heap to get trashed -- compile with -e and you will see a run-time error.
thanks Smile
...phear