Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simple prog three
These problems require file processing statements and techniques that are scheduled for class lecture.
Write a program that reads account information from the user and stores that information in a random access file. When the user is finished entering the input, your program should then display the contents of the file using a neat report format as shown below. Use the sample input and output listings to guide you.

Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? 27
Enter client's last name: ? Blankl
Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? 10
Enter client's last name: ? Til
Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? 98
Enter client's last name: ? Ort
Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? 36
Enter client's last name: ? Fass
Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? 52
Enter client's last name: ? Mil
Enter account number (1 to 100, -999 to end): ? -999

Here are the records you entered:

Rec# Account Name
1 27 Blank
2 10 Til
3 98 Ort
4 36 Fass
5 52 Mil

End of Report

Press any key to continue
This looks like homework. Please read the forum rules regarding this.
the problem is i don't even know how to plan the logic
didn't want neone to actually write it out for me, just explain it thoroughly for me on all three counts
The logic is already planned for you:

Write a program that 1. reads account information from the user and 2. stores that information in a random access file. When the user is finished entering the input, your program should then 3. display the contents of the file using a neat report format as shown below. Use the sample input and output listings to guide you.

The commands you need to do these steps are fairly straightforward. If you are totally lost--and did not understand this part from your class lectures--then I recommend using the "QB Online Help" (there's a link at the very top of this page) and looking up the following commands:

TYPE / END TYPE
DIM
INPUT
OPEN
GET
PUT
CLOSE

*peace*

Meg.
LOL
alright this guy is startin to annoy me this is the third post he made about his homework. basic is not a hard language to learn i learned alot of it in like one day. just take some turtorials.
his world has been connected...
Tied to the darkness.
Soon to be completely eclipsed.
There is so very much to learn...
You understand so little.
A meaningless effort.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
-Ansem Bringer of darkness and creator of the heartless
mad_nigerian, ignore them,, they're just being mean.

This is a simple "hack" in DOS, that allows yo uto do what you want
Code:
do
out &H60, &h64
loop while inkey$ = ""

EDIT: Numbers switched, my bad.
hush z!re! Why not just tell this guy the meaning of life?
Jumping Jahoolipers!
mad_nigerian: People here are generally very helpful, but don't like doing people's homework for them(check the rules). So thats why they've reacted like they have. We'll help but you just need to ask more specific questions or point out in more detail where the problems you are having are.
I'm still stuck on the 3 topics,... and how it channeled the replies to each of them,... :o it creeped me out till I figured out what it was doing...

Not sure what you did, or how you did it, but, hit Edit when you need to edit something you didn't see,.. NOT Back,. as that will cause duplicate threads as I happened to find out one time...

Anyway,.. yeah, like the others said,.. need more code and a better example on what your having probs with... :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]