Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 thing I wanna know before I start using FB
I've heard that FreeBASIC has an amazing sound library... Does it work WITHOUT the VDM thingy? :roll:
True. You have your choices of Bass.dll, FMOD.dll, directsound and OPENAL.dll. There might be a few more things i can't name off the top of my head.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
VDM is soundblaster emulation subsystem for DOS windows under Win2K/XP. Basically it lets old DOS apps "see" your sound card as a soundblaster.
This is not needed by FB as FB is a 32bit compiler that produces 32bit native Win32 programs. An FB app can directly use DirectSound for example.
FMOD, BASS and OpenAL are modern libs usually used by C apps, that FB apps can use natively being 32bit Win32 apps.
ngelo Mottola - EC++
:lol: When I coded in QB I lacked a SoundBlaster card,.. Now that I code in FB, I lack all sound support,.. my luck, and a bad computer, doesn't mix well... :rotfl:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
...and one other thing. Is there a "Run" command in FBIDE as in Qbasic? It's a time saver to skip compiling to test your games or whatever I am coding..
Yeah, FBide or context.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Well then, bye bye QBasic!
No, FB has no interpreter. It's just a (great) compiler.
Antoni
But there are IDE's for fB like FBIDE where you can press F5 to
"fast run" your code (What it does is AFIK compiling it to a temp
exe and then running the exe)
/post]
I downloaded FreeBASIC and FBide and installed it on my computer here at work and I noticed that the .DLL files aren't included? Where can I get 'em?