Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much work to you put in your games?
I just wonder how much work you guys put in your games for i.e music, sfx, story, characters etc. etc.

Personally, I do all the music myself using FL Studio 5 XXL and use some stuff from my kitchen to make sound fx (yeah, a true foley artist! 8) ). My brother and I make the characters together since he has written many books about Fantasy....

No matter how boring the game is, that Orange comes out from my kitchen to make some slimy footstep sounds...
Do you mean how much of it we do ourselves, as opposed to ripping/borrowign from sites/other games?

Or how much time we dedicate to it?
oh sorry... off course that's what I mean :oops:
Anytime I write a game, maximum effort goes into making it as polished as possible. If that means obtaining graphics far better than I can draw, then so be it...that's what I do. It takes great effort to find graphics that meet the standards I set for my work. Same goes for sound. In the end, I'd rather have a game that is complete with great sound, nice graphics, and great gameplay than a game which sucks many rocks but the developer says "ya but at least I did all the work!".
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
I usually make my own graphics/sound if I can.
Or I find someone to make it for me..

Same goes for code and whatever else you can think of.
I do all the programming then at the end i cry cause i cannot make gfx to save my life.... so i end up with mundane annoying gfx and a solid engine... and sound... well... uhh.... thats a whole nother issue in and of itself
Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic."
My waste of space
When I get access to a webserver I can upload the music and sound fx that I have made (...and haven't used) for someone in here to use. "At least I did all the work", 8) , that's not me... I've been a music composer for about 14 year, I think I know my stuff.
I usually put alot of work into my project, exept mini games(which is the only type of games Iv ever finished..) Have never tried to make sound fx, but that would be cool. Though the only music I can make would be by putting a cd in my cdplayer :lol: Ill give you a call KoVeNaNT if I ever get to the point where I need music in my games Big Grin
i put as much work as i humanly can into it, but i very rarely use sound (most people i know either plsy with the sound off or are ANNOYINGLY picky about game sounds, i mean if you have some rock song during a big battle *cough*halo 2 and the blow me away music*cough* they HATE it. It is safer not to [lame joke]#include <sound> (see. i can do c++, sorta)[/lame joke] as it can generate to many problems (especially since i LOVE rock during battles). As for graphics, i am one sh*t artist.I CANNOT DRAW! I try, but i cannot. I usually get others to do graphics for me. I am against ripping off graphics though, and ALL WAYS give credit where credit is due.
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]
Well, since no makor game has been finished on my end, I can say safely I do it all myself.

With the exception of a project myself and MystikShadows are working on in FreeBasic.

I won't out too many details here, but I am after sprites and music. Possibly more stuff, but I haven't come to that yet. Still developing the scripting engine, and touching up the storyline.
Screwing with your reality since 1998.