Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
400x400 ASCII Scrolling Map Editor....
Since this is nearing release, I'm placing a link to where it will be found. Information and a screenshot can be found there until then.. :wink:

http://textworld.adaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

Enjoy! ^_^
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
To Rattrapmax6:

Yo!! Big Grin That screenshot and your progress on your new ASCII-based map editor in FreeBASIC sure sounds REAL promising — mouse-driven and all — especially for graphical-text mode purists like myself, really! Heck, I am *absolutely* looking forward to trying your proggie myself soon, you know that?

And by the way, while I was on the ASCII-World.com forums, I stopped by and tested your two FB source-codes based on your current map editor, and I WAS IMPRESSED, no doubt!! I love it, no less! Wink=b

Excellent throwback so far to the back-in-the-day textmode stuff, Rattrapmax6!! (^_^)// See you again now!!!

WISHING YOU SUCH GOOD SUCCESS WITH YOUR NEW EDITOR,

[Image: file.php?id=32]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”

P.S. One last thing here: I am sure that with your new map editor released, my man, I would apparently bet that Jocke the Beast himself would *probably* put it into such good use for future text-based RPGs in FB, wouldn’t it now? Hey, it can happen, pal! Wink
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Hey that looks great! I'm glad to see there are a few people here who can still have fun just with ascii stuff. I'm looking forward to playing around with your editor.

-gunder
gunder
"I have a perfect body, but it's in the trunk and starting to smell."
Heh,. Yeah, this is coming out right cool.. 400x400 maps, very big... ^_^ I've been having a hard time filling the demo map no matter how big of a building I think of.. lol.. :lol:

I got the editor itself done (Maybe a touch-up here and there b4 I finish every thing else that comes with it), but I'm writing the template to render the maps.. this is coming along very nicely itself..

Really glad its takin on so well, I locked in alot of spare hours and lines of code this past week in building it... ^_^
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Big Grin <- Says it all.. go back to the post on ASCII-World.com... I'm sure you'll like what you will find!!! :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Ah, I am going to give this baby a whirl!
I currently have an ASCII based game like(ie ZZT clone) in the world as well. Wink
ASCII is a good style for those who are crap at sprites (me) or do not have time to spend on sprites, so it is no wonder more and more lonewolf programmers are making ASCII games
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]
Quote:ASCII is a good style for those who are crap at sprites (me) or do not have time to spend on sprites, so it is no wonder more and more lonewolf programmers are making ASCII games

Its more a intrest to me than a last resort... ^_^ I'm normaly more for gfx based things, but ASCII can be rather fun to play with! lol
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

I would perfer making ASCII style games because I actually miss those days.