Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound through a speaker
I know that I have already asked this question once, but no one really gave me a valid response that I could use.

Is there a way to reroute the SOUND function through the external speakers instead of the internal "beeper" ones? Any help would be appreciated.

-Nova
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
(unless one already exists someplace) to intercept output to the internal speaker port (61h ?). (Have a good time. Smile )
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
I'm not sure a TSR would work anyways...there's no way to "hook" a port like there is an interrupt. You'd have to hook the timer interrupt and poll port 61h constantly, which would slow things down a lot. On top of that, most programs disable interrupts when they generate tones on the PC speaker.

But hey, it would be kind of neat if it worked...
a port, but if there's no way to intercept output to a port, I'm not sure what else would work. (And I never thought that whatever might work would be worth the effort--I *did* say something or other about wishing him a good time...at least, I think I did. Smile )
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Couldn't you just grab some library that performs the same function? Smile
http://www.basicguru.com/files/abc/abc9609/padlib.bas

plays PLAY strings thru the SB
Antoni