Poll: If you like KOF... which is your favorite.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
\'94
100.00%
2 100.00%
\'96
0%
0 0%
\'97
0%
0 0%
\'98
0%
0 0%
\'99
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other KOF fans?
Is there anyone else on this board that acutally likes KOF and follows it. And is always awaiting the next sequel every year?
KOF ? explain...
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
King of Fighters.
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
kof is a series of team-based fighting games made by the late snk, which took all the characters from their popular (and not so popular) fighting games (except samarai showdown) and put them into one game. the series took off on its own, adding characters and crappy plots until now where it has become a cult following.

i guess any of the later ones are fine.. i dont really care. they all sort of play the same, give or taket that damned striker thing, which i never really learned how to use. i personally think it's time to retire kof. you're talking about paying hundreds for an arcade cart every year that has just one or two more fighters on it than last year. what they need is either an entire revamping of kof, to get over the neogeo hardware or to simply retire the series and re-split it back up into its old series again (art of fighting and fatal fury among them)
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Yeah, they should skip a year so they can completely redo the game with more sprites. I don't see anything wrong with the Neo Geo though, it has low resolution, but look at Garou:MOTW((if you've ever seen it)) if it were for PS2 it *might* be just as popular as mostof the others.

EDIT: And no I don't pay for arcade carts, I don't even own a Neo Geo. It's at the Arcades.
yeah, i'm talking about the people who do Smile

i've played mark of the wolves, but dont attribute that to neogeo. the animation is actually a trick that is beginning to take off with fighting sprites where you film a live actor and use frames from that video draw your sprite, which is why the movements are so fluid. it was used in street fighter 3, too. (not to mention, both games were released for the dreamcast).

the neogeo is outdated, though. it can do parallax backgrounds and enough sprites to maintain a decent game, but it cannot do any more than that and too hard to program for. plus, all of the things available in fighting games today that take advantage of modern hardware acceleration, like alpha blending, lighting, and visual effects you can do (like motion blue and other things) are unavailable. though you can kinda fake it with excessive amounts of sprites (rage of the dragons does this with motion blur) it's just not good enough. plus, the cartridge size is limited to about 100 megabytes (this costs about 300-400 bucks). dvd technology could really improve it. besides, i'm more interested in the people who work for snk than whatever hardware they're fixed on.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Well then... it's time for Neo Geo 2!
with snk having gone bankrupt in 2001, that's an unlikely prospect Smile

but every major console except the gamecube has an arcade version which could easily handle the task. just look at guilty gear x Smile
Playmore bought almost all of SNK (with some exceptions, like the KOF franchise, now owned by these korean guys... er... Eolith) so basically Playmore = SNK. And about that fancy stuff with graphics, the hardware acceleration and the like, that doesn't compensate good gameplay. Think about Capcom vs SNK. Got 3D effects, translucency and a nice framerate, but SF3 still beats it gameplay-wise, IMHO.
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Forget KOF!!!!

Enter BB3!!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/