Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Began the process of linking pages
I had noticed that under the Offical Documentation most of the pages were dead. I have seen numerous pages get updated and created but no easy way for the average visitor to get to them. So, I went ahead and started to link the pages together.

On these pages I know there are missing references, misplaces functions, and the formatting isn't exactly like everyone wants it, but its a start. If its wrong, fix it. Big Grin

Also, a strange question.... why is this section of the forum hidden or blocked to other users. This project becomes easier with more people... hence the wiki. Why not open this forum to everyone as well?

Just curious.
Quote:Also, a strange question.... why is this section of the forum hidden or blocked to other users. This project becomes easier with more people... hence the wiki. Why not open this forum to everyone as well?

Yes, it's a good idea to open it! I used the other section some weeks, but i never looked into "Usergroups" so I don't know something about this hidden group an I found it some weeks later when someone explained me how to subscribe to it. It's better to open it so that everybody can see immediately that this group exists. Until now you'll find every week documentation-questions in the other groups because the people don't know something about this "hidden" group.

Kind regards

Peter
erman freeBASIC-mailinglist: de.groups.yahoo.com/group/free-basic.
For subscribing send an empty e-mail to free-basic-subscribe@yahoogroups.de.
open the group up and what lose the ellite status of this groups users Smile

but i think the real reason the group was hidden was so the threads would be less likely to be hijacked and and to be more focused and to the point. if anyone could simple come in here and start posting on one of the threads small simple debeats could end up being large one's.

also jofers when he started this wanted to have a commitey system for the documention which was stated in one of the other threads. if this group was open you could not run a commitey out of it since people who arn't part of hte documention project will start posting which would confuse the people in the projected that are trying to run it.

which leads me to another thing why was i invited into this user group i haven't said much in any of the documention post which were in the public forums ? oh well i'm here and i like to lurker Smile
Yeah, I was doing this for a while, but I can't keep up with the output of the new articles
his sig left intentionally blank
It says 'open' in the thing, if I knew how to open it, I would. It's a 'group', not a forum.

It was a meant to be a private forum that was better than the crap ones at sf.net for people in the documentation project. It wasn't really mean't to be a part of qbasicnews.

In the old one, the link pages were meant to be a road map for people to know what to write. Claim a page, make the page. So yeah, there's going to be a lot of empty pages until some of that stuff gets written. I moved over the 'history of qb' page straight because that's the only page that didn't need any updating.

I would recommend copying over what documentation does exist. The twenty or so that are there are done much more thoroughly than nex's old docs. Sov has already done a few for the logic operators.

Either way, thanks for picking up some of the links. I made up the pages on the t_o_c, but there are some keyword pages linked from there.

EDIT: I sent a pm to wildcard about the forum. He should have the proper permissions to turn the group into a forum.