Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Severe Error while compiling
I went from 10 severe errors to only one now. Of course I took care of the other 9 because I was using a Text$ and a Text integer that was COMMON SHARED. So I just changed that to Script integer instead and now I only have one severe error left.

It is: Program-Memory Overflow

Any idea what this is and how I might go about fixing it?
I'm your Huckleberry; that's just my game."

Doc Holiday, TOMBSTONE
Just like baseball: "You can't tell the players without a scorecard". So, please post your code.
It's way to big to post here. You would need to download it.

Doc Holiday, TOMBSTONE
erm, then provide a snippit of the code which causes the error or a link to the code.

And if you do, make sure a) it's documented to people know what's supposed to happen and b) it's readable so people can find and help debug the problem.

You'd be amazed at how fast debugging goes when you can read the code.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
When I compiled, I got one severe error and it kept pointing to the end of these draw statements (or one of them anyway)

Then when I "REM" one of the DRAW statements out that the compiler was pointing to, it points to the end of another one and gives me the same error as said above (first post).

I even "REM" this whole subroutine and then it pointed to a CASE 5 of another subroutine I had and gave me the same error.

Then I "REM" that whole subroutine and it points to something else in my code in another subroutine and gives me the same error again and again.

Is it possible to get this error because my computer doesn't have enough memory to compile it or something to that effect?
Code:
SUB Snake.Smoke

DRAW "bm=" + VARPTR$(x) + ",=" + VARPTR$(y) + "bd10 br7"
      SELECT CASE FPD
        CASE 1
          DRAW "c0u10r1d10r1u10l2d10"
          DRAW "c7u2e2u1h2u1e2"
        CASE 2
          DRAW "c0u10r1d10r1u10l1d10"
          DRAW "c7u1h1u1e2u1h2u1e1"
        CASE 3
          DRAW "c7br2u1h2u1e2u1h2u1"
        CASE 4
          DRAW "c7br2u2h2u1e2u1h2"
        CASE 5
          DRAW "c7br1u1e1u1h2u1e2u1h1"
        CASE 6
          DRAW "c7u1e2u1h2u1e2u1"
          FPD = 0
      END SELECT
      IF s <> 11 THEN
        LINE (x, y)-(x + 9, (y + 9) - s), 0, BF
        s = s + 1
      ELSE
      END IF
      FPD = FPD + 1

END SUB

Doc Holiday, TOMBSTONE
John,

Have you figured out your compile error yet?

Sorry, I never used a DRAW statement, so I'm at a loss there. I checked the manual and it says that the characters within the string operand of the draw starements are macro commands. Could one of these commands be in error?
I really don't see how that could be as when I REM the statements out of the program and compile again it points to something like a CASE 7 statement in another subroutine and gives me the same error message: Program-memory Overflow

Doc Holiday, TOMBSTONE
1)How big is your programm?
If it weight's more than 30-32 KB and you use Error checking,
it might be too havy for compiler.
Just split programm to modules.

2)Do you use recursion in your program?
url=http://zerodivide.h15.ru/cyclone.html]Cyclone v2.5.2 GUI For QBasic 4.5/7.1[/url]
Explorer For DOS
try posting the code. or, if you dont want hundreds of people to see it, pm or email it to me and i can help you split it into modules
Yah, I'm sure that it's that big. I have tons of subroutines that I am using and only ONE module.

I didn't know that you could have more than one module and still run the program!

I haven't ever split programs into modules, so I will PM you the whole code. I definetely don't want every one looking at it on the net as of right now. I would like to finish the whole project that I'm doing before I do that. Because I will eventually allow it to be shown to everyone once I'm done with it.

Doc Holiday, TOMBSTONE