Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My project
Its in my sig, I have been working for the last 25 days or so (alot of that inactively due to school....) So, i figured I'd post a screenshot that displays my adjustable lighting. (this is on highest quality, obviously)
So, here's a screenshot from my current engine, have a look:
[Image: realnice26uu.jpg]
Tell me what you think of how it looks.
[Image: freebasic.png]
That looks pretty nice! (You might want to optimize it a bit to get better than 0 FPS, though. :lol: ) Does it support multiple lights? colored lights?
colored...hmm...it probably could.....multiple, perhaps in the future. And yes, it is 0 fps because I have the lighting maxed out. It runs at 30 fps on my comp when I have it at normal (and you can only tell the difference if you are looking closely for it).
you might want to take care of that stuff at the bottom :lol:
ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote:quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
How are you doing it? In software? OpenGL?

If you are using OpenGL you can fake lights by instead of creating a [coloured] light, assign colours to each vertex and compute the vertex colour manually. There is an example on how to do this in the OpenGL manual and it's just as effective with a much lower computation cost in the vertex pipe-line.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
@ 1000101 - uh no, that is pure freebasic. I'm a purist (sorta....) if you will
@dumbledore - thats for the character inventory and things. It is going to resemble Diablo, thats why there is a blue thing at the bottom. =)
"Pure" Freebasic makes less sense than "Pure" QBasic. FreeBasic graphics commands use the GDI, DirectDraw, X-Server, and Lillo's even posted the source to an OpenGL wrapping library using function names similar to LibGFX names. Hell, freebasic's graphics commands are called LIBgfx2.

Not that LibGFX by itself isn't a great graphics library, otherwise it wouldn't be linked automatically, we'd still be using LibGFX1, which wrapped to SDL, another graphics library.

But since it wraps to other libraries, it's really less "pure" than just using those commands straight out. Smile

(and yes, I am aware of the massive stick jammed up my behind right now)
well, all I meant by that is that I only use comands natively supported in FB and that there are no '$include:'s in my program.