Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIRVANA
who here thinks this band is freakin awsome?

cuz i know that i love'm :bounce:
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
I won't get into it, and I know LOTS of people love 'em, but if you want my opinion... I think Nirvana is for the most part crap. Grunge never did anything for me, not to mention all these people I keep running into at jams who are inspired by Kurt and have been playing for a couple years yet can only play patterns of power chords up and down the neck... Tongue

BUT... I know Kurt Kobain was influencial to music and all that, I just really don't (didn't?) care for his music or his attitude. But that's just me, like I said before there are plenty of people who love the music and I've got no problem with that.
Kurt Cobain definetly wasn't the most talented at guitar. And I'm usually not into the less complex 4/3 power chord stuff, but for some reason the band Nirvana really appeals to my music taste.
quote="na_th_an"]
Greenday, Spice Girls... Can you tell the difference?
[/quote]
please get grown up and listen to aic :p
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
never heard a nirvana song Big Grin
[Image: freebasic.png]
...sigh...

i pitty you fools for not opening your minds up enought to
enjoy his music.

but everyone has there right to what there belief is, so i wont
push the subject.
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
and I pity you for not appreciating the enlish language enough. There refers to a place ("A dog is sitting there") or is used like "there is a dog.". Their, is used to show ownership by a group.....

Also, you must realize that it is not just opening up our minds. Music means many different things to different people. To think that if we don't all agree because our minds are closed, that is backwards. It's the other way around. Personally, I am not feeling any lack in my music enjoyment, so don't feel any need to pity me.
[Image: freebasic.png]
It's not that I'm closed-minded, I just don't enjoy his music much. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. Smile
Quote:...sigh...

i pitty you fools for not opening your minds up enought to
enjoy his music.

and i pitty you for being so close-minded. it's not that people aren't open minded, it's that the music itself (in it's complexity) kinda sucked. but, of course, the teenyboppers fled to the crimescene and screamed like idiots, thus, making it popular. if you want to listen to grunge, try motherlovebone or mudhoney, not pop-music like nirvana.

and yes, kurt kobain killed himself because he had become what he hated, a pop-star.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
hehe nice try, i own all nirvana records as i was once like you, young. nirvana have some really nice songs no doubt about that. but as other ppl already stated their music lacks complexity and cobain was neither a good singer nor a good guitar player. listen to alice in chains or mudhoney or the screaming trees or sound garden or helmet or or or.... if you want to give more modern aproaches a try listen to tool a perfect circle. those have the by far most complex patterns in their music ( granted there's a lot of metal bands that are more sophisticated in terms of guitar playing but you can't find any better drumming out there. )

again nirvana is nice to some extend but not outstanding. it's a hype and you fell for it....
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]