Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit off?
I'll get right to the point... please put on Edit in the QB Forums... I'd like to be able to edit my own posts at least... Thanks

The forums in question are QB Programming Help and QB Projects. I checked twice to make sure I wasn't blind or something but the Edit buttons just aren't there for me.
Quote:I'll get right to the point... please put on Edit in the QB Forums... I'd like to be able to edit my own posts at least... Thanks

The forums in question are QB Programming Help and QB Projects. I checked twice to make sure I wasn't blind or something but the Edit buttons just aren't there for me.

It has something to do with the newbie helpers group having editing abilities without being considered moderators. I was trying to avoid having them listed as that. I'll switch the permissions around again and see what else I can do for them.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
It never worked anyway.. seems both Cha0s and I never had a edit option, not sure about the others, tho I'm sure it was the same for them...
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Quote:It never worked anyway.. seems both Cha0s and I never had a edit option, not sure about the others, tho I'm sure it was the same for them...

I posted quite a few times that you didn't have the edit function because it was only enabled in certain forums as a test.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
hehe, hearing that one more time is going to drive me crazy.

Of course, we were trying to edit posts in the forums where we supposedly had/have privs. we don't have those privs.

not like i really care, it didnt bother me before, its not like i NEED to edit posts or im gonna freak out and die. i just keep seeing this issue come up and it's so irritating. why would you insist that we have privs when we really don't? are you trying to make me more insane than i already am?
Quote:hehe, hearing that one more time is going to drive me crazy.

Of course, we were trying to edit posts in the forums where we supposedly had/have privs. we don't have those privs.

not like i really care, it didnt bother me before, its not like i NEED to edit posts or im gonna freak out and die. i just keep seeing this issue come up and it's so irritating. why would you insist that we have privs when we really don't? are you trying to make me more insane than i already am?

Sorry, when you originally mentioned it to me, it was in forums that you didn't have access to editing. I turned editing off when I read this post early this morning.
For whatever it's worth, I see MrExcel, a very serious and important forum, with editing capabilities for ANY and EVERY poster. I, for one, am very happy that I can correct mistakes I make and, somehow, don't notice until AFTER I post. Iwould applaud allowing all posters to edit their posts, at least for some reasonable time.
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Doesn't bother me either,. just that when a n00b fogets a Code or Syntax tag it be nice to patch it up so reading there post isn't so hard, and others might jump into help... Tongue

And yeah.. I ment the forms we where ment to have it in... the QB ones..
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

P.S. I believe MeExcel allows the original poster to edit his first post, as well as the last poster. This might be considered "a reasonable" compromise.
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
MrExcel? I take that's some forum sys other than phpBB2... If I had to choose, the Edit is only a mix-up, but normaly users here can edit there own post..... And if this moved to some other sys than phpBB2, I'll leave.... Tongue
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)