Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Express #13 Released
The August Issue of QB Express is now available!

Lucky number 13 includes a collection of TEN great tutorials, including Chapter 7 of Na_th_an's I.F. Games series, a look at Enemy AI by Wallace, a pixel art tutorial by Josiah Tobin, an introduction to A* programming by Torahteen, tutorials on GUI and database design by MystikShadows, a QB Date and Time Tutorial by Moneo, Chapter 1 of Rattrapmax6's beginners' course in FreeBasic, "Evolutionary Programming" by Torahteen, and a FreeBasic ScreenSavers Tutorial by Rattrapmax6.

Also this month is a Gallery article previewing Lynn's Legacy by Josiah Tobin and Cha0s, "Why Do People Make GUI's?" by Jacob Palm, a rant on Reality In Games by Deleter, an article on Qbinux by Seb McClouth, some pointless points by Nathan1993, a poem by mennonite, and two personal stories about QBasic by The Awakened and MystikShadows.

Another month, another Bang-A-Rang issue of QB Express! Read it now: QB Express #13
Pete's QB Site: http://www.petesqbsite.com
I've found a temporary fix for those annoying grey boxes in Firefox, assuming you have the Web Developer extension installed.

First, create a style sheet:
[syntax="css"]pre { overflow: visible; }[/syntax]
and save it with any filename.

Next, go to the CSS menu on the toolbar and click "Add User Style Sheet". Select the style sheet you just created. Whenever you view a QB Express issue, just add that style sheet and those boxes should go away. I caution you because this will make some of the longer lines of code extend past the horizontal viewport, creating a horizontal scrollbar. IMHO, this solution is better than no solution at all.

Edit: If you refresh the page or navigate from the page (using the same window of course), you will have to re-add the style sheet.
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Nice job man!

I just roughly skimmed it, but so far this one seems to have alot of quality over quantity. Database design and cliff tile tutorials? I think more than just basic geeks will find interest in this. Again, nice job Pete and contributors. Big Grin
Quote:Well, thet’s is for chapter one and coding.. But, lets go over some debugging. Odds are, your going to have to do it, we are human, we make mistakes. Even just a simple typo can lead to disaster for your code. Using the above example, I'll simulate a few bugs, describe how to find them, ect...

Sweet irony..
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Quote:
Quote:Well, thet’s is for chapter one and coding.. But, lets go over some debugging. Odds are, your going to have to do it, we are human, we make mistakes. Even just a simple typo can lead to disaster for your code. Using the above example, I'll simulate a few bugs, describe how to find them, ect...

Sweet irony..
xD

Aga, man, where have you been!

Quote:Z!re's ridiculously ambitious "massive offline open RPG", FieldView, has made some progress in the past month. Some new concept art has been posted on Plantasy Studios (the official site), and a new encryption/decryption algorithm challenge has been started. The FieldView crew is also looking for voice actors, a sound editor, a music composer and a pixel artist to help with the development. I don't know how much coding has gotten done for FieldView, but at least it's going somewhere.
Ouch... almost scathing
It's Massive Multiplayer Online RPG, MOoRPG was for the offline QB version, it's abandoned.
And coding is good :lol:

Nice and late issue as always pete. Tongue
O_o ... I had no clue I programmed that much........ :roll: Tongue

Nice issue agian! Glad my formatted code didn't have any conflicts, looked nice... :wink: .. FB Ide rules with that tool.. Smile
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Quote:Nice and late issue as always pete. Tongue
:roll:

Anyway.

Woohoo! I feel special now. Big Grin My name has been posted over the internet, and people are reading my tutorials. Lol.
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Yeah...good tutors to, I really enjoyed both of them, but I must say, evolutionary programming got my attention :-).
hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

[Image: kaffee.gif]
[Image: mystikshadows.png]

need hosting: http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
The deadline for QB Express #14 is approaching!

Deadline: September 15th

So far, I have received only ONE article for next issue. That's not good. So we need YOUR help.

We're looking for submissions of any sort, including tutorials, game reviews, editorials, interviews and more. If you are interested in writing, but don't have a topic, check out the Official QB Express Article Requests Thread. (You can also request for articles
to be written in that thread.)

Send your submissions to: pberg1@gmail.com

QB Express can't exist without your support! All submissions are greatly appreciated!
Pete's QB Site: http://www.petesqbsite.com