Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On my programming of Wetspot in FB, a change is being made.
Dearest all of you QB45/QB71/FB community,

A *truly* awesome new week to all of you. Big Grin

Now, remember on my gallery section of Issue #12 of QB Express that featured the forthcoming game called Wetspot 10th Anniversary Remix, hmm? Smile ! Remember also that I said in there that it was gonna have joystick/gamepad support? Well, normally these following screens are supposed to show up here:

[Image: file.php?id=159] [Image: file.php?id=160]

.....but when I added the joystick/gamepad support indeed, on both Windows 98 and (on another computer) Windows XP, this is the weird and unfortunately sad result:

[Image: file.php?id=161] [Image: file.php?id=158]

.....and I do not want this game to end up that way, without backgrounds and with absolutely *no* changes to the tilesets (between levels) whatsoever, you know? :-? As a result, I am truly scrapping away the joystick/gamepad support as a complete means of preserving the backgrounds and the tile changes throughout Wetspot 10th Anniversary Remix in FreeBASIC. Tough sacrifice I have to take, but in the long run, it will be worth it. Trust me. Wink=b

As for the game itself, I will add a lot more than ever, so don’t you worry! Big Grin Be seeing you later as I plan this now, and thanks again!!!

WORKING ON WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE,

[Image: file.php?id=32]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
That's odd..... Why did adding the support mess up the backround and tile sets? :???:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
To Rattrapmax6:

I was wondering that myself, apparently.

I am on the *exact* same page as you, man. I do not know whether this is some strange bug happening or not, and no matter how I tried now, the backgrounds and tilesets was still not working right. Sad So by me scrapping away the joystick/gamepad support as a sacrifice, I believe it will bring back the backgrounds and changing tilesets. So then, when I done that removing indeed just now, it did bring ‘em back successfully, just like they are meant to be! Big Grin ! Look at these shots here as a result:

[Image: file.php?id=162] [Image: file.php?id=163]

You know, sometimes in order to program games like they are supposed to be, one must make some cautionary sacrifices to correct the bug problems rather than to make them worse. It has not been easy so far. Hey, I’ve been there. Wink

Thanks a lot for your concern, Rattrapmax6, and be checking you out later.

[Image: file.php?id=32]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !