Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old project...worth converting?
This isn't exactly a FB project. Yet. What this is is a qbasic program that I stopped working on approximately 2 years ago. The exe works fine for me on windows 2k (it doesn't use EMS or XMS). What I was wondering is if you guys think I should port this to FB? It would be a bit of work, because I was pretty green when I coded this (I.E. seperate arrays for each sprite, no usage of bload/bsave, no video pages, no external libraries...etc...). So if any of you feel like it, just download and tell me what you think of it. Smile

Download SmallWar

edit: note that there was an FPS limiter, my code isn't that horribly optimized. Tongue

edit 2: oh yeah, and don't tell me about the bugs...I know all about the bugs 8)
[Image: freebasic.png]
I would actually pay money in an arcade to play that game...
Hell i would do it if i were you
his world has been connected...
Tied to the darkness.
Soon to be completely eclipsed.
There is so very much to learn...
You understand so little.
A meaningless effort.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
-Ansem Bringer of darkness and creator of the heartless
Pretty interesting game...:-)....think it would make a great addition to the FB arsenal of games :-).
hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

[Image: kaffee.gif]
[Image: mystikshadows.png]

need hosting: http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
Quote:I would actually pay money in an arcade to play that game...
Hell i would do it if i were you
Wow thanks a lot. I always loved this game but I never knew if it was because I had made it or because it was good, thanks for the inspiration+compliment. Big Grin

Quote:Pretty interesting game...:-)....think it would make a great addition to the FB arsenal of games :-).

Thanks, I will get to work on it then. Smile
Actually i dont even think it needs to be rewrote in fb because the slowness of the game makes it feel more arcadeish. i think its good as it is but of course its always fun to be occupied with sumtin like that Tongue
his world has been connected...
Tied to the darkness.
Soon to be completely eclipsed.
There is so very much to learn...
You understand so little.
A meaningless effort.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
-Ansem Bringer of darkness and creator of the heartless
well its not complete, so porting would also be finishing it. I can also make it feel just as slow in fb so that it feels like the same game.