Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here comes a preview of the forthcoming new AFlib2!!
Most grandly dearest QB45/QB71/FB community,

Hello and such magnificent blessings to you all tonight!!! :king: !

For those of you wondering about RelLib to be ported to FB, then hey, better look no further! ^_-=b I am so truly and generously proud to introduce to you a preview of what could well be the most talked about “8-bit graphics library”-based wrapper for Angelo Mottola’s GFXlib2: AFlib2, or Aura Flow Library 2, based upon the potentially many original implementations of RelLib from QB itself, straight to FreeBASIC!!!

This one definitely promises to be a grand successor to both the original AFlib (released for QB from at least three years back!) and even RelLib itself!! Please, take a daring look at these shots:

[Image: file.php?id=177] [Image: file.php?id=178] [Image: file.php?id=179]

......and this is just the beginning already!! Big Grin

I, Adigun Azikiwe Polack, am the official and current developer of this newest library wrapper for Aura Flow, the game development group behind the forthcoming FB shmup Frantic Journey! And right now, I have already started the creation of AFlib2, and so far it has:
  • • Translucent Pixels
    • Translucent Filled Boxes
    • Wu-lines
    • Wu-pixels
    • At least five (5) custom 8x8 fonts, each with custom italicization and scaling (ala RelLib!)!!
.....and we are *only* warming up!!! ^_- !

Next in the development of this, I am gonna plan on get the 8-bit sprite routines (translucent-, one-color-, and collision-based) from the Space Impakto demo to fit into this forthcoming new lib. And AFlib2 so far is not gonna even be released until it is all completely finished and ready. Also, please do not ask me for the source code to this lib because I am working on adding the new implementations to it to be eventually ready for release indeed when it comes.

However, I am gonna need your help and support on this one, to please provide me the ideas/routines for the following to be placed into AFlib2:
  • • 8-bit gamma sprites
    • 8-bit sprite scaling/rotation ala CosmoX/QB (I don’t know how to code the proper workings of it yet! Sad )
    • 8-bit screen smoothing/anti-aliasing
    • 8-bit water effects (ala RelLib 5.0)

.......and any working ASM code(s) inside of a FreeBASIC source code that are based on either of them are truly well appreciated!!! d=Big Grin=b After all, this is a group effort, and I am flat determined to make this lib a most successful one in FreeBASIC just like RelLib did for QuickBASIC!!!

Thank you all so very much, and I hope you enjoyed this beautiful little preview! Wink God bless you!!!

GIVING YOU MY FIRST AWESOME LOOK TONIGHT,

[Image: file.php?id=32]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
This stuff will be native to FreeBASIC? Big Grin

Cry <-- Tears of joy <--
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
So, this is AFLIB 2... The original one used qb's interrupts and absolutes, aka assembly... does this mean that AFLIB 2 will use inline assembly?
Jumping Jahoolipers!
To Rattrapmax6:

Quote:This stuff will be native to FreeBASIC? Big Grin

Why, absolutely yes!!! d=Big Grin=b ! Started around 2-3½ months ago, I implemented an idea already of converting RelLib to FB in a custom-based way: by simply writing the new FB source code from the rather ground up to faithfully replicate at least some to many of the graphics calls and functions of the QB originals AFlib and RelLib, with as much FB knowledge as I do know, Rattrapmax6. And I will be certain to continue with even more implementations, with awesome new features on the way — like the very newest 8x8 fonts and more custom graphics routines (like translucent 8-bit circles!), for instance.

Bear in mind this, please: the functionality of RelLib and AFlib (fresh from QB!) is gonna be there as much as ever in the new AFlib2 in FB, but the commands of the new lib here are gonna be totally different so far from what you’d expect from both RelLib and AFlib. I will hopefully talk more about this later as this thread develops, ok? :wtnod:

For most of AFlib2 so far, I customized it to place the implementations and new commands of the graphics routines from RelLib up there, and for some of them, some of the routines that I will be putting for this new library wrapper in FB is gonna be ASM-based. Unfortunately, I *do not* know to create any proper ASM in FB myself ( Sad ), but Relsoft — the wonderful ASM master that he is — is behind the original ASM-based codes from the Space Impakto demo in FB, and it originally included 8-bit sprite collision, color, and translucent routines. And I am gonna implement them into AFlib2, too! You just wait and see! Wink=b

Rattrapmax6, I thank you so much for your timely reply tonight. See you later as I start burning the midnight oil on this very lib!!! Cool

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Hmm, me and my rpg engine will enjoy this.

This will mean i can havetext in it with different fonts...YAY!!! (That was a lame attempt at a slight joke)

I've been secretly making a rpg engine thingy, not like my forest on but with a level editor and stuff, yay!
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][Image: style4,TheDarkJay.png][/url]
uhm it's a port but it won't share the same interface as rellib/aflib? and where is frantic journey?

could somebody port ugl too :p
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
To all of you:

AFlib2 is already making some progress and some serious strides as well, even as we speak!! Wink Observe!

[Image: file.php?id=180] [Image: file.php?id=181]

As you can see, the translucent lines are now implemented successfully for the development of this lib (THANK YOU, DrV!! Big Grin ! ), and the translucent circles have even made it in, too! We have only just begun, folks!!! Cool

Since I do not know any proper ASM whatsoever at the moment, I am doing whatever I can in FreeBASIC (natively, I shall add! Wink ) to optimize things. Hang tight!

And to Richard Eric M. Lope (aka Relsoft):

Hello to you here, and, since AFlib2 is gonna be a group project, be sure to read my opening post of this thread so that you will know what we’re tackling here, ok? Now so far, most of my translucency routines (pixels, circles, lines, and boxes) are all in pure 100% FB, but, even in case you can code once more as well, please PM me and we will make arrangements to convert the material (and the very best of RelLib, as well!) into ASM format to then be placed back into FreeBASIC!! Big Grin=b Won’t that be good, huh?

See you all later, everyone, as I continue to rock this new joint with what I know how to do in FB here for this lib!!! :king:

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
Hmm, I don't remember helping with transluncent lines, but ok. Big Grin Looks really good so far - I'm looking forward to some RelLib effects that I haven't seen implemented that way in any other libs, like the water and smooth effects. If you need any help with that converting to ASM, just post it on these forums or the ones at freebasic.net, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Smile
To DrV:

About the translucent lines routine, I have done it out of POINT and PSET in FB, all with the help of one of Rel’s 3D Tutorials (particularly Chapter 3, I am guessing, but correct me if I am wrong on that! Smile ! ). Up to now, I have been looking for quite some good line algos from all over the internet besides the regular FB LINE command, because I have had some major trouble in getting the lines to work properly in translucent form. And lo and behold, I found that *wonderful* little line algo right here somewhere within http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=114206, as it simply became my inspiration for me to convert it successfully to graphics form to work in the way that I originally intended for it to be, you know that? Big Grin Upon further checking just now, I found that it originally came from Dr_Davenstein, not from you, so pardon me for thanking you by accidental mistake on that line algo. I got my names totally mixed up tonight! :lol: !

And correcting myself from that last post going into this one, I got Dr_Davenstein to thank indeed on that line algo, really. And that is now official, because I want to make sure we have everything on the up and up here. Wink=b !

It is such a pleasure to have you in this thread, DrV. Be catching you later!!! :king:

WITH SUCH A SHEER PASSION FOR DEVELOPING THIS LIB,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (on September 21, 2005 at 1:03pm EST): The new “Mode-7”-based tile scrolling, support for PP256 sprites, and the mosaic graphics effect all have just been implemented last night!!! Big Grin Have a look:

[Image: file.php?id=182] [Image: file.php?id=183]
(Mosaic graphics effect in action!)

[Image: file.php?id=184]
(“SNES Mode-7”-like material like you have never seen before in higher graphics resolutions in FreeBASIC!!! Cool=b )

You can download these tests here:
.....and check ‘em out for yourself today! Thank you everyone!! :king:
Wow AAP, this is just getting better and better! Keep up the hard work bud! 8)