Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCP/IP
hi there.

sorry people and ADMIN, i haven't been on here for months, because of my university work, and personal problems, but now i'm back.. Smile

kinda forgotton how to do programming cause of the bloody uni brainwashing us with crappy java! so, i kinda forgot what my own codes do lol

anyway, wanted to know, is there a way of creating a TCP/IP protocol for QBASIC?

why? well, i wanted to make my OS to be able to access the net using broadband internet.

anyone made one? is one availible online? is there a way?

Thanks Smile
1) You can't make an operating system in QB because it's routines are reliant on DOS.

2) At present, there isn't a TCP/IP protocal for dos that QB can use. But V1ctor did make a lovely library called dsock that allows QB to use Winsock ala a vxd. There's also some lib called wsock someone made but I trust v1ctor's programming better since he's gots the reputation.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
thx..

well, OS1 doesn't really use any DOS commands..bu i know what u mean..
Where might i find said library?
can't find it...

links? Smile
you can find dsock, and an example game made with it right here

there's also a basic tutorial available.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
http://dotnet.zext.net/dl.php?filereq=dsock.rar
Quote:why? well, i wanted to make my OS to be able to access the net using broadband internet.

Hey this would be very cool....have you already done something on this OS???
B 4 EVER
Not an OS, but a Shell. It uses DOS, so the OS is DOS, and OS1 is the SHELL.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
*sigh*

here we go.