Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
animation
yup, second post Tongue

is there a way n Qbasic to load an animated GIF or even a picture, which can show up in Qbasic? like a splash screen? and perhaps some sorta scroller to indicate it's loading or something? i have a scroller code somewhere but needing to know if there is an easier painless way of loading the picture in Qbasic?

let's just say that the pic has the letters OS1 on it and it has a blue background with i dunno, green text for the letters?!

thanks Big Grin
well, of course, because any dos compiler (just about) can access vga. but I suppose what you're talking about is loading graphics from a file. that can be done with any file format possible, there've even been jpeg viewers made in qb. just scour download sites for stuff like Rich Geldreich's gif viewer, or go to http://www.wotsit.org, look up the format, and porgram your own.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry