Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group?
I'd like to make a text adventure with some of you guys. If you're interested let me know. I like making them but I don't have the time anymore. Besides, a game made by more than one person is usually better. So, let me know if you're interested. I don't care what it's based on.
Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
If you need some help. I would want to. Even though im not that good at programming. I could probably do some of the other stuff besides programming and maybe a little programming.

heres this email address you can use to contact me
speedlemon@gmail.com
Sounds great! I've attempted many times myself, but it's just too complicated with one person coding every single possibility.

Shouldn't this be a project, though?
j2krei- i really hope you're not serious... im not going to spend one second trying to make a text game like that. if i was going to help, i would at least try to make it better quality then that. something a bit more like na_th_an's tutorials.
i might be intrested in helping out

and we don't have to do "every possibility".there is a much easier way of doing things....

list possible commands, and possible objects, and cross reference...jsut make sure we know what is in which scene

oz~
Sweet. And speedlemon, why not? Graphical games usually become too complicated, and if you try to add a story it becomes even harder. Remember, this isn't Flash or Java where you can easily make or import a graphic and make it move or whatnot. This is QBASIC. To be honest in my opinion, if a game has a good story to it, then that's all that truly matters.

Anyway, I agree that a text adventure takes too long to make by one person. So what should we make one on? Any ideas?
Quote:Shouldn't this be a project, though?

Feel free to move it if you can.
Quote:This is QBASIC.
Hint: There is also FreeBasic. . .
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Quote:
Liquid Snake Wrote:This is QBASIC.

ummm, ok. In any case I'd like to start a game with you guys. If you don't want to do a text-based game, then make suggestions and/or ideas for games.
Quote:
rpgfan3233 Wrote:
Liquid Snake Wrote:This is QBASIC.

ummm, ok. In any case I'd like to start a game with you guys. If you don't want to do a text-based game, then make suggestions and/or ideas for games.
QUOTE PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k :lol:

By that comment, I was referring to the fact that FreeBasic allows BMP loading. People could design great 2D figures, which could then be saved as BMPs and BLOADed when necessary.
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)