Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypnosis
We had "Fun Night" yesterday at the high school after the homecoming game. All they had was a bouncy castle, a texas holdum competition, a volleyball competition, a ping pong competition, and a group hypnotist.

Well, there was nothing better to do, so I watched the hypnotist. What I didn't know was that she pulled people out of the audience. She did some test to see if we could pull our locked hands apart, and I couldn't, even when they were all sweaty from being nervous :o .

So, apparently, I was the main act in the show. I was told I was speaking martian, I was Miss America, I went surfing, I went to space, I did all these things and i don't remember very much. When I woke up I felt refreshed (she said it is the equivalent of 8 hrs of sleep).

Has anybody else ever truly been hypnotized? What were your experiences? Why do these questions sound like they should be on a test?
My dad has tried several hypnotists for anger management. In the end, he found that his mind races too much or his mind is just really strong, making him unable to be hypnotized.

As for me, I haven't been to a hypnotist. I think I'd be just like my dad though, except that my resistance to hypnotism would be from sheer disbelief. Of course, if reverse psychology was used in combination with hypnotism, my mind would be lost, making it vulnerable.
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
it is impossible to be "hypnotized" if you aren't willing. there is no psychological power to control ones mind, just the ability to persuade others into doing things because they are gullible :wink:
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Quote:it is impossible to be "hypnotized" if you aren't willing. there is no psychological power to control ones mind, just the ability to persuade others into doing things because they are gullible :wink:
Amen!

And you need be weary who you let do it to you.... More so if they are trying to unlock something in memory.... I heard of some, not well skilled, have programmed stuff into some1's mind that never happened....

Thus, insted of this:

"What is happening now?"

some1 slipped and said:

"That happened..." or variations there of...

You won't see me anywhere near it, and if so, very unwilling as so to ward it off.. :roll:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
oh, its possible, a lot of modern commercials use visualization, to place thoughts about certain things in your mind. visualization is a technique thats used to 'induct' people into a hypnotic state ;P

i've never been hypnotized though, but i know it can work, its all about technique

you can get people to let themselves go (and thats the thing about hypnosis, its not what theyre doing to you but what theyre maybe allowing you to do to yourself).

and yes, suggestions can be placed inside someones mind, like i said, thats a commercial ;p of course at any time you could be like no way, this is crazy, but most hypnotists do it to bring about positive change in people.

its basically about throwing someone off from their natural state of mind until theyre confused, and at that point, some people will just fall asleep ;P cuz it resembles sleeping in that you sort of are... overwhelmed? by your environment, and you just sort of shut off.

sounds crazy, but i did a lot of research on it a while ago ;p
Well, feeling like you got 8 hours of sleep is all in your head, I know that much. Tongue While you are awake, your levels of Adenosine slowly rise. When your levels of Adenosine reach a certain amount, it signals to the brain that you require sleep. During sleep, the adenosine levels drop. Therefore to get the benefits of 8 hours of sleep, you'd have to drain alot of adenosine from the brain. Tongue
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Maybe it comes out your butt while you're hypnotised. Then again, maybe it comes out of the hypnotists mouth. :lol:
Quote:Maybe it comes out your butt while you're hypnotised. Then again, maybe it comes out of the hypnotists mouth. :lol:
Or goes INTO the hypnotist's mouth. . . (I'm taking the "omfg, a demon's taking my soul!!!!" approach with this one.)
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Quote:oh, its possible, a lot of modern commercials use visualization, to place thoughts about certain things in your mind. visualization is a technique thats used to 'induct' people into a hypnotic state ;P

i've never been hypnotized though, but i know it can work, its all about technique

you can get people to let themselves go (and thats the thing about hypnosis, its not what theyre doing to you but what theyre maybe allowing you to do to yourself).

and yes, suggestions can be placed inside someones mind, like i said, thats a commercial ;p of course at any time you could be like no way, this is crazy, but most hypnotists do it to bring about positive change in people.

its basically about throwing someone off from their natural state of mind until theyre confused, and at that point, some people will just fall asleep ;P cuz it resembles sleeping in that you sort of are... overwhelmed? by your environment, and you just sort of shut off.

sounds crazy, but i did a lot of research on it a while ago ;p

well lemme go ahead and disprove all your research: Hypnosis is pure BS. it is a fact that you can't be "hypnotized" unless you are a gullible person willing to believe they are being "hypnotized". what you are reffering to with commercials is subliminal advertising; your brain see's everything in the ad, and only later can you process all of it and realize what you saw in your concious mind. don't believe everything you read on the internet Tongue

and i know these things because i'm in a psychology class, and my brother is majoring in psychology, and we constantly talk about it.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.