Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another da** scooter update
for those of you who are following my scooter adventures...

me and a friend went on a 120 mile cruise yesterday, my scooter held up nicely.... well, the engine anyways, before the cruise i had a blown strut, and now its so bad, if i hit the front brake, it slamms down and bottoms out hte scooter on the front end.... that really sux, and the scooter shop where i bought it said its normal wear and tear, and offered to sell me another strut... that sux to

i'm still breaking in the engine, break in is usually 300 - 500 miles... i'm at about 250, most of my time is spend going about 25mph to be easy on the engine sinse i'm breaking it in.... but yesterday, i found a looong straight road to stretch the scooters legs(wheels) on, and see what kinda speed i could get out of a restricted 49cc engine...

i got really low on my scooter, i was crouched down as far as i could go so that i woudl be aero-dynamic and all that... and gave it full throttle.... after not too long i was going 55mph!!!! it was an amazing feeling, the wind rushing by my head, the sound of an angry wasp 49cc engine, the smell of exhaust... i'm so happy with my cheap chinese scooter

last thing, the motor is restricted, i read that my model scooter, when totally un restricted, and w/ stock parts can easily go 70mph! that'll be awesome, i'll un-restrict it when my warrenty is up
url=http://www.random-seed.net][Image: asylumsig.png][/url]
Quote:last thing, the motor is restricted, i read that my model scooter, when totally un restricted, and w/ stock parts can easily go 70mph! that'll be awesome, i'll un-restrict it when my warrenty is up

Ha-ha! My calculations where wright! :lol: :wink:

When you take the rev-limiter off, remember not to run it too hard for too long, you'll risk burning it up.... :wink:

Edit: PS: Find a mini bottle of NOS too, that be fun.... heh.... Tongue

:lol:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
And a jet engine!

Seriously there was a guy who mounted a model jet engine on his
bicycle and whooshed into a MC (=Harley Davidson/Cruiser whatev)
meeting in 60km/h ^^ Guess who stole attention from the polished
chrome and stuff heh.
/post]