Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making some models...
I'm making a multiplayer RTS called Clash of Ages...and I need someone to make models for me.
I'm not asking you to give a definite yes/no, just wondering if you perhaps would be interested sometime in the future.

Im very flexible when it comes to game ideas, so if you have any ideas to how you would like the game to be, say so, and Ill make it like you want it to...

Hell, even if you want to make something completely different thats fine with me... Tongue Just let me know you're interested and we can discuss it Smile.

Edit: I've added some screenshots
[Image: 4745-t.jpg]

Regards,
TheBlueKeyboard
It's the difference between asking someone how much flour goes into pancakes, and handing them a sorry mix of oozing green goo and asking them to fix it." - Deleter

-Founder & President of the No More Religion Threads movement-
aww man. i was kinda looking forward to your other game... Cry
SHE?
[Image: freebasic.png]
Dont worry, we're going to finish SHE Smile.
It's the difference between asking someone how much flour goes into pancakes, and handing them a sorry mix of oozing green goo and asking them to fix it." - Deleter

all hail to brute force terrain! partitioning schemas die!
quote="NecrosIhsan"]
[Image: yagl1.png]
[/quote]
If you feel like selecting some modelers, you could check the past 3D Art Challenges in the Gen./Mist forum. And contact a few of those dudes and see if they are intrested.

I wouldn't mind (Even tho you'd might need people models, there is always room to try.... =P ), but you got here to late, I've been taken for the FreeSpeedRacer project... Tongue

:wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
What format is wanted? How advanced models?

i could perhaps do some inorganic modeling.
(I can't model something that lives and breathes to save the sorry
butt-end of my body)
/post]
Well, in the game you can play either of two sides, cavemen or aliens.
The cavemen will ofcourse be organic, breathing human beings, however the aliens will have aircrafts, tanks and plasma spewing vehicles.
The cavemen will also have a catapult..

The models doesnt have to be advanced, Im just happy someone actually makes some models for me Wink.

If you could export it as .ase it would be great, since Ive actually written my own .ase loader...However, it doesnt support "materials", so you've gotta do UV texture mapping or whatever its called, it just basically means you have one big texture for the entire model, and you specify texture coordinates from this big texture..

-TheBlueKeyboard

I've never heard of ase. As for now I am tied to the formats blender3D
can export blend/lwo/obj/?? and a quick google didn't reveal any format
converters.
If. If we get so far that I start modeling, just don't expect too much from me mmkay? :wink:
/post]
Ok, if you can export it as .obj I could probably get it converted to .ase, you can export it as .ase with some proggie which I cant remember :S.

What do you mean with not expecting much of you? Tongue.
As in, not getting much work done, or, as in, crappy models Wink.

-TheBlueKeyboard