Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP
there....gone....all gone.... Cry

my computer is used alot by my family, and especially my dad (who thinks all games are evil). well, this computer has 15 gb for the C drive, and 50 gb for the D. the C has 1 gb left of free space, where as my D has 49.9 (the only program on there is the wininstall program :lol: )

well, my dad thought it would be a great idea for him to "free up" some space on my C drive. so he uninstalled/Deleted: Firefox(and all my bookmarks Cry ), all my games (MechWarrior4, Empire earth, red alert2/yuris revenge, C&C Renegade, Tribes, and like 20 demos), quicktime (which is needed for itunes to run, i'm reinstalling that now), Freebasic, Qbasic, and about 15 other random things.

so now i'm reinstalling firefox, and i have to get all my bookmarks back somehow....*sigh* long day ahead of me....

So now i have 13.8gb of free space on my C, yay! thanks for erasing half my life dad!.......
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
good news, and bad news:

i reinstalled firefox (yay), and when i started it up, my bookmarks were still there :o Big Grin , but then it said: what profile would you like to use, and i made a new one, said dont show this on opening this file, and went into firefox to find no bookmarks. they must still all be in the default profile, yet i can't find out how to change back to default! anyone know? :???:

EDIT: sorry about the double post :lol:
you could repartition (I'm assuming C and D are on the same drive).
Use a tool like qtparted (found on http://www.sysresccd.org).
:o He deleted FreeBASIC and QBasic?! Oh the horror! :o

If he's not to swift with computers, you could make yourself a subdomain and keep the files way back out of reach.... What ever is not fond can't be deleted.. e.g.: my 3D program:

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Rattrap\Desktop\anim8or.exe

That's the only one I have like that, all the rest sit in C:\...

I once made a maze file so it take ages for my lil bro to find a program I wasn't to keen on letting him use.. But that wouldn't work in this case, you could just delete the root folder.. XD .. Or unless you name the Roots something that sounds important to the computer and you wouldn't want deleted... =)

As for FF, All I know is the Bookmarks store to the user subdomain.. My bookmarks in Rattrap are different from the ones, say maybe in FireBall my brothers subdomain.... I never heard anything about FF profiles, and my help menu doesn't seem to show anything, I know other programs have them,. what version are you on? =/
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
1.0.7, the newest one since my dad vaporized the old one.

well, it was the first time i opened it, i think it said: Which profile would you like to use?, and the only one in there was default, but being stupid me, i created a new profile, and unchecked the "always show this when starting firefox" box.

and i cant find anything about it in my help, or anything Sad
Why don't you try to make something to really impress him? Make him a utility for his checking account or something. I'm sure that he would be so impressed by it, he wouldn't touch your stuff anymore, out of respect. Wink
Quote:well, it was the first time i opened it, i think it said: Which profile would you like to use?, and the only one in there was default, but being stupid me, i created a new profile, and unchecked the "always show this when starting firefox" box.

If it had the check box like that, then it should be in options too.... Go and look thru there some and see if it has something on it.... :wink:

Heh, and Dr_D has a good idea too.... :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Or you could put all your stuff in one directory and check the "hidden" property in the properties dialog box...
[Image: 1403.png]
^ Infrosoft
http://www.thecodeyouneed.us.to/ - A wiki of source code, mostly in PHP and FreeBASIC
http://www.osadvocacy.uk.to/ - Your opinion matters no matter your OS
name the directory something.dll, set the folder icon as a dll icon, and you're set. Put it in C:\windows\system32.
go find:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

(close firefox)

extract the newly created profile and then restart FF.

i used to do this awhile ago to easily delete incriminating evidence such as what sites i went to or what i entered into google. not that i did anything bad, just private. i would create a new profile, copy&paste stuff such as bookmarks, cache and other stuff into the new profile creating a duplicate. then signed on with the dup and when i was finished, i just delete the fake one, switch back to the real one and ittle be like nothing happened. Smile the thing is that i had to figure this all out by myself. there was no area on mozillas web site that even mentioned a profile directory. and trust me, i dug deep. well i hope i helped.
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here