Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petals around the rose
http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html

Found this little game linked on the ubuntu forums.

According to the rules I can tell you the answer, for each dice throw,
that the answer is an even number or zero, and that the name is
important.

Those of you who solve it, please don't post the solution...
/post]
Wow, that was so simple it was mind-boggling! [Image: red_marvin.gif]
974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Quote:Wow, that was so simple it was mind-boggling! [Image: red_marvin.gif]

:o ...

Quote:It had taken Dr. Duke well over a year himself, and he would always explain that the smarter you were, the longer it took to figure it out.

Tongue
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Quote:
Webpage Wrote:It had taken Dr. Duke well over a year himself, and he would always explain that the smarter you were, the longer it took to figure it out.

Tongue
Exactly! I'm fairly intelligent when it comes to numbers, so I was looking for some strange numerical solution. The solution is so simple that it is difficult for smarter people.

Edit: I guess the people who aren't so intelligent (no offense to any of them) become the smart ones for a while. . .
YARG! finally got it!
I was looking for a numerical solution for a while xD

Then I found it the moment I stopped looking for it and looked for something else.

heh.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Oh.. nm.. When you siad simple, I thought you figured it out fast.... sorry.... lol

I didn't get it in my first few tries earlier, but coming back now I did in just 2 or 3 tries.... Only reason I got it fast is I'm seriously good with mind crushing puzzels... ^_^
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Quote:Oh.. nm.. When you siad simple, I thought you figured it out fast.... sorry.... lol

I didn't get it in my first few tries earlier, but coming back now I did in just 2 or 3 tries.... Only reason I got it fast is I'm seriously good with mind crushing puzzels... ^_^
Really? You might try a game such as this (Flash required): http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-35.htm
Quote:Really? You might try a game such as this (Flash required): http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-35.htm

Time: 18:55
Moves: 650+

Smile

Edit:
Try #2:

Time: 1:00
Moves: 41

:king:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

arg! I cant for the life of me figure that petals thing out. Ive tried thinking outside the box as well. gha!
lol, think harder. i got it within 10 minutes, but thats just cuz you all said it wasnt mathematical. I am crazy with patterns so I would have sat there for ages adding multiplying subtracting, etc.......if you hadnt said anything.
[Image: freebasic.png]