Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASCII Painter/Picture Lab 1.0 Released!
Description: ASCII Painter Lab 1.0 is an unique and powerful ASCII Picture maker with several ways to save and display your work. It has fast, user friendly GUI design. No menus ect, every thing is in arms reach all at once. Also it can be used with one hand tied behind your back, as it's 99% mouse supported.

Once its on, you'll have your choice of all 255 ASCII Chars in FreeBASIC, your choice of any colour under the sun with full 32bit RGB support, and a fast HUD GUI like none other. It is my hopes that you want be disapointed with this thing.

Features:
80x32 Canvas size...
32bit Colour...
Exports for: HTML, BBCode, BAS, TXT, and BMP...
Fast HUD GUI...
255 ASCII Chars...
16 Colour Custom Memory Pallete that saves to the canvas...
User freindly Open/Save GUI...

Enjoy!

Download: http://members.aol.com/rattrapmax6/download/APPL1.zip
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
To Rattrapmax6:

My wonderful and awesome man, I will be the rather first tonight to personally congratulate you on such a truly OUTSTANDING piece of work that will no doubt impress and spark the sheer creativity of all of us FB programmers and especially ASCII-text fanatics like myself as well!! d=Big Grin=b And, I am phenomenally impressed even more that the exports to FreeBASIC source code and now .BMP are as faithful as rather faithful can be, too!!!

Here are the test results for the output of the FreeBASIC .BAS file (when compiled to .EXE):

[Image: file.php?id=205]

......and as a .BMP file:

[Image: file.php?id=206]

.....and as for the other fomats, while they are not perfect, hey, at least they do get the job done! Wink Take a look at this example that resulted upon the export to BBcode “Code”-based format:

Code:
°°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°  
                                             °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°    
                                            Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°      
                      Â°Â°                  Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°        
  W E L C O M E   T O °°                 °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°        
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°               °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°          
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°              Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°            
     ÛÛÛ    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã› ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ  Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°      Â²      
    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã› °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±²Û²²°± ²±°°°      Â²Â±Â²      
    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â°  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â° ÛÛ°°     ÛÛ°ÛÛ°°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ± ÛÛ±±Û ²±°°        Â°Â²Â°      
   ÛÛÛ°ÛÛ° ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ°ÛÛ°      Ã›Ã›Â°Ã›Ã›Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â±Â²Â±Â²Ã›Â°Â±Â°Â°Â°         °°°      
   ÛÛÛ±ÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±ÛÛ±      Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â°Â±Ã›Â±Â°     ²±            
  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â±Â±Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±      Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±Â± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± Û°Û±°     ² ²±            
  Ã›Ã›Â²Â²Â²Â²Â²Ã›Â² ²²²²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛ²    Â°Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Â° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±±²Û²     ±°±±            
  Ã›Ã›Â²    Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â²Â²Â²Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Â°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°² ±    Â²  Â±Â²            
  Ã›Ã›Ã›    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°   ±°²   ±°²              
                                                    Â°    Â² ±  Â²Â°Â±              
       Û ²±° Û ²±° Û Û ²±° Û ²±° Û ²±° Û ²±°    Ã›     Û ²±° Û ²±                
        Â²Â²Â²Ã›Â² ²²²Û² ² ²²²Û²²²±²²² ²²²²² ²²²Û²²±° ²     ²²²Û² ²²°²°°°°°°   ²²²²  
       ²±  Â°Â±Â²Â±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â²Â±  Â²Â±Â± °± ±²±°Û± ²±°Û°±±°°²±    Â²Â±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â°Ã›Â°Â± °±² °±² °±²  
       ±°Û°±°±°Û°±°±°±° ±±° ±Û° ±±°°°° ±°Û°°°°° ±°    Â±Â°Ã›Â°Â±Â°Â±Â°Â°Â°Â±Â°Â± ± ± ± ±²    
       °ÛÛÛÛÛ°ÛÛÛ±Û°Û°Û ±±Û± °Û± °Û°±±Û°Û°±±Û   °Û°±±Û°ÛÛÛ±Û°Û°±±Û± ± ± ± ±²    
       ±±    Â±Â±Â°Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±  Â±Â±Â± ±±± ±±±±±±±±±±±±   ±±±±±±±±° ±±±±±±±±± ± ± ± ±²    
            Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°              Â°       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
           °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°               °       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
         °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                 °       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
        Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°                  Â±       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
      Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                    Â²       ± ± ± ± ± ±²±°  
     °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°                     ²       ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±°
   °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                        Â°     ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±±°
  Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â° ________________________ °   ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±°  
°°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°   Presented by xtrGRAPHICS  Â°Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â°

As well, I *especially* loved the way the right-click inside the canvas actually extracts a color/character from any part of it thereof, which helps to escalate it into a top-notch professional ASCII-based editor unlike any other here!! Cool And, I enjoyed how your text-based mouse pointer leaves magical temporary trails inside the canvas to help the user get a feel for what he/she is doing while working, you know that? ^-^ !

Overall, you have really done an over-the-top phenomenal job on it, Rattrapmax6!!! You can bet that I and a lot of the QB45/QB71/FB community are gonna have a helluva lot of fun creating such great and even more colorful text-based designs like never, EVER before, I can guarantee you that!!! Big Grin !!

Catch you again, and my deepest congratulations again to you on your most successful project well done!!! d=:king:=b

SALUTING YOU TRULY RICHLY ON THIS,

[Image: file.php?id=32]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
8)
This is an elegant gem Kevin! I really enjoyed my (short) time with this program.
@ AAP: :wink: Thanks,.. Your ideas for the pallette and you beautiful art work with it were nice too... Thanks once again... Smile

@ speedlemon: Thanks... btw, why was it short? :roll:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

If you're asking me why I only had a short time with your software program, I'll explain.
At the time of that post, I was at school doing homework in the lab. I'm not sure the instructor would be happy if she saw I wasn't doing my homework! If you know what I mean? Don't worry though, I brought it home on a pen drive! :bounce:
Wow, now I know my proggie has made new hights, it was stuck in a pen.... :rotfl:

Artwork challenge anyone? That be cool,... ^_^ .. :lol:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

well i drew a picture but when i tried to save it, i couldnt get it to save.
:???:
the box said 'save' but when i typed in the name of the file i wanted to save as, it switched from saying 'save' to 'open'. and even if i pressed that, nothing happened i think. and i exported, but i ended up with this. (a bit messed up)

[syntax="ASCII Painter/Picture Lab 1.0"]

°°°°°°°° °°°° °°°°°°° °°°°°° °°°°°
° °° °° ° °° ° °°
° ° ° ° °° ° °
°°°°°°°° ° ° °°°°°° °°°°°° ° °
° °°°° ° ° ° °
° ° ° ° ° °°
°°°°°°°° ° °°°°°° °°°°° °°°°°

OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOþOOOOOOþOO
OOOOOOOÛOOOOOO
OOOOOOOÛOOOOOO [color=#FFFFFF] [/
To speedlemon:

The trick to saving your pictures in this program is to type the filename of the picture you are saving as, followed by the extension that you must type as well in order to get the save feature to work properly. Cool Apparently, the reason why the box changed from “save” to “open” at first was because it simply needed an extension name indeed (in this possible case, as an “.ASCII” file).

Try it and see, and I hope this works, man. Big Grin Be seeing you!

[Image: file.php?id=32]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Hi Rattrapmax6,
first very nice work realy but is it not 10 yeahrs to late vor textmodes ?

Or exist this type of "retro" apps games to day ?

Joshy

Curently i think over "ten years after" the band.

EDIT: I renember on the asci *.info files in zip / rar archives or the title screens from
modem line boards in asci mode.
sorry about my english
Nah, there are still some textmode apps in development. Mostly demos & stuff... can't remember the link, but someone made an awesome 3D demo in textmode. Also, most Rogue-likes will always be textmode because... well, it's kind of like a cult that way. :lol: