Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math question
In my math book(which I dont have right now) there is 2 formulas to make it so you put in an x,y,z and it gives out just an x and a y. i would like to know what these are, but i dont have my book. do any of you know of it? thanks
Sounds like a formula for graphing 3D....:

new_x = 256 * x / 256 - z

new_y = 256 * y / 256 - z

/\ Somthing like that? =P .... Maybe not,. but you never know..
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
That's more than likely it because it sounds like he wants to make a projection... Just remember that you can adjust 256 to another value to suit your needs. Tongue
yeah, i think it might be projection.. ill try that formula out kevin, though i seem to remember the one in the book had a variable for degrees or something. it also used sine, and cosine.
Quote:That's more than likely it because it sounds like he wants to make a projection... Just remember that you can adjust 256 to another value to suit your needs. Tongue

Yeah, it represents the camera lens location.... :lol: :wink:

@Speedlemon: SIN and COS? hmm, that make a rather long formula packed together into two.... Unless there are more ways than one to do it... :roll:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

im pretty sure there was sin and cos in there. and yeah, it was 2 different formulas. dont worry, ill find out on tuesday once i get back to school.

btw: what are you guys being for halloween? :rotfl:
No it doesn't. It depicts the location of the camera's butt! :lol:

Me!!!
[Image: np22.jpg]

:rotfl:
holy crap, you made that? thats sweet. youve got some serious talent. :o
No, I didn't make that... :lol: but I could! Tongue
Umm.... What does a horse dress up as? :???:

:lol:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)